Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection
31 October 2018, 17:28,
RE: It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection
(31 October 2018, 16:36)Mortblanc Wrote: I always favored a hair from the mule's tail and a rusty sewing needle!

Don't worry, Old Yeller will pull through!

There was once a special medical course in the U.S. military called "Dog Hospital" where all students were issued a dog.

As they progress through the course from basic cuts to major injuries each type injury is inflicted on the dog and the soldier must treat the animal for that injury. They cut the dog, shoot the dog, break a bone, give it a concussion, do an amputation.....and the student has to inflict the wound.

The treatment must be accomplished without using any "modern" medicines. No antibiotics, special disinfectants or treatments.

If there is infection or other problems you are marked down. If the dog dies you fail the course.

At the end of the course you can keep the dog, though there may not be much dog left, or finish it off.

Occasionally they use goats. I think they eat the goats at the end.

I do not know if they still have that training available or not? Probably not in today's' social climate.

Sorry MB, but the British Red Cross don’t use dogs for their courses, not even 20 years ago.

I think i would prefer goat school, i have eaten goat curry but not dog ?.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's so easy to get a little cut/wound infection - by Pete Grey - 31 October 2018, 17:28