Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
winters on its way.
13 September 2015, 12:09,
winters on its way.
here we go again.

winters on its way...... hows ya prepping going.

iv been collecting wood and iv put a warm coat in my car , I got a wind up radio with light from lidle this summer.
to be honest iv still got 40% of my wood from last year but you never know one year the mail might be right with its ...worst ever winter cry wolf storys...this year.
what you up to regarding winter preps...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
14 September 2015, 12:37,
RE: winters on its way.
Well someone wrote my golf off a few weeks ago now (feels like bloody months) so I've not got a vw touran to cart the tribe around in. New baby in few weeks hence bigger car! Had all season tyres put on, Michelin CrossClimates. Best of both summer and winter apparently. Good tread pattern and snow grip according to the bumpf, so we'll see how they fare. New kit in the back, more stuff in there for the current spawn and for the new one.

Still got all my winter gear, not much wood left though, but then I've only got frontier stove so don't need much here. Parents have got around 5 years worth of wood around their garage though! Just sat there, drying Cool tonnes and tonnes, so I know where I'm going when I need a refill!

Going to be hitting the charity shops now looking for more wool blankets. And I've got a hankering for a sheepskin jacket and some dungarees. Don't know why. Maybe I'm turning into one of those lesbians?
14 September 2015, 12:46,
so that's sprog number 3 is it?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 September 2015, 13:22,
Indeed it is sir. 3rd and final!
14 September 2015, 13:24,
its time you tied a knot in it !!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 September 2015, 13:29,
(14 September 2015, 13:24)bigpaul Wrote: its time you tied a knot in it !!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Better than the wife's suggestion: just cut the horrid little thing off!
14 September 2015, 14:08,
now that dosent surprise me one bit!!Big GrinBig Grin
20 September 2015, 21:41,
Good luck winter.
21 September 2015, 09:10,
I've got provisional permission for a multi-fuel stove to be installed in my council home. Got the guy coming to do a survey & estimate tomorrow evening. Got to be defra approved though otherwise I could've got a nice one for £200. The stove I've seen is £400 & the twin wall liner is between £350 & £400 so I'm at £800 already without labour or materials for the fireplace converted from it's current gas fire offering. I'm expecting a bill of around £2k overall Sad

I've got plenty baked beans from the other week & I leave my basic winter kit in the car all year round. I'll have to hunt out my ski pants (never been skiing in my life) & put them in the boot incase we have a bad day & I get stuck in the car. Same for my wellies, snow grips & wooly socks. I'll need to replace the water sachets in my winter kit as I opened the pack last week while waiting for the RAC to come. Before I get slated, I can change a wheel if need be & have the gear in the car. But for £112 a year, they can earn their money & change it for me.

Calor gas bottles will be exchanged next payday (1 in each of my fires plus 1 in reserve). Hopefully we wont rely on these as much if we get the burner installed. If we don't get it put in on time, I'm buying one of those frontier stoves. Been thinking about it for a while & I have a bad feeling about this coming winter.

Obviously need more winter clothes for the ever growing kids, but other than that I think we are sorted as best we can.