Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Very First Thing
29 September 2015, 20:23,
The Very First Thing
The worst has happened. The Government has closed down. Anarchy rules. Rioters on the street. Supermarkets selling out of goods.

You watch the breakdown on TV or online. This is what you have prepared for.

What is the absolute first thing you are going to do?

Phone your family to carry out your plans? Hurry out to the shops for a last minute raid? Top the cars up with fuel?

Personally I'm going to post a guard on my hens.... I know my priorities. What are yours?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
29 September 2015, 20:52,
RE: The Very First Thing
Pretty much the same Mary, but I've no hens and securing my house is priority, and if safely feasible, a visit to the dentist and doctors, to get any dental treatment, or medical treatment done, so I'm hopefully not doing any, fillings etc while an event is happening, no pulling teeth etc, in TSHTF. As long as it is safe to do this !!
29 September 2015, 22:53,
1. All my group to report to my house.
2. deploy all security measures externally.
3. make ready all internal security.
4. water backups.
5. buy any food that could be had..
6. BOV,s loaded and ready to go.
7.Alternative comms made ready

All this within the first eight hours.....

guard duty rota

Food production plan (what ever the season )

Steal some livestock...within the first 24 hours

complete lock down.
30 September 2015, 08:27,
(29 September 2015, 20:52)Spandex228 Wrote: Pretty much the same Mary, but I've no hens and securing my house is priority, and if safely feasible, a visit to the dentist and doctors, to get any dental treatment, or medical treatment done, so I'm hopefully not doing any, fillings etc while an event is happening, no pulling teeth etc, in TSHTF. As long as it is safe to do this !!
there is anarchy on the streets and you expect to be able to get a dentist or doctors appointment? dream on.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2015, 08:35,
No BP like I clearly stated several times "as far as is safely possible" if there's a direct risk to me no if I'm safe, to do so yes, if things are that bad they are not going to be Open anyway but if and only if and its safe yes !!!
30 September 2015, 08:45,
dentists: we go every 6 months and have any treatment that needs doing.
doctor: as little as possible!
stores: are topped up on a weekly basis with a big shop once a month, mainly for milk(UHT) and repeat prescriptions(Tesco has its own pharmacy).repeats are done every 4 weeks whether we actually need it so that we have a (small)stock of prescription meds.
Petrol: topped up as soon as the tank goes down to half without exception.
if TSHTF i'm not going anywhere that would put me or mine at risk, that's why I've got stores.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2015, 08:49,
I should have read the post a bit better, securing the house would be priority, and would be attending no appointments if there was any sort of risk, at all but if I can get any more stuff like stores, on top of what I always have I would be keen to do this !!
30 September 2015, 08:59,
My first task would be to get my extended family to my place, it's going to be difficult and I'm still not properly prepared for emergency long-distance comms.
30 September 2015, 09:13,
open a bottle of Champagne and celebrate.
30 September 2015, 09:29,
i'll celebrate when the die off is over and I've come out the other side, that's when the real work starts.