Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Unintended consequences of mass migration into EU
19 October 2015, 07:02,
RE: Unintended consequences of mass migration into EU
I know where your heart is Rob, but sadly of those people claiming to be Syrian refugees only 1 in 5 is actually Syrian, and of those 20% we have no idea how many are actually fleeing for their lives.

A whole load of opportunist freeloaders are taking spaces that could be used to help genuine refugees, this is not our fault, but we are suffering as a result.

A clear policy of taking refugees directly from the danger zone is needed, they need to be assessed there, and nobody gets in here via any other route.

WE have to be hard in the assessment, or else everyone who simply dislikes their own regime will move here for a better life, leaving no opposition at home and basically giving the extremists exactly what they want. It won't end well.
19 October 2015, 07:30,
I absolutely agree they need to be assessed BEFORE they come here. But we can't sit idly by while people are being killed by the thousands or drowning in their hundreds every week. Like I keep saying, if the shoe was on the other foot, wouldn't you want someone to show you some compassion & humanity?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm totally against any new economic migrants coming here with the sole intention of looking for work. But the ones who come with genuine need, do you let them work for a living or do you let them live on handouts? I'd much rather they worked & paid back something into society, which is a lot more than some lazy Brits do. But whichever option you choose, there will always be people who think they're either stealing our jobs or our benefits. They can't win
19 October 2015, 09:26, (This post was last modified: 19 October 2015, 09:27 by BeardyMan.)
Well, what can you do to mitigate these things NR? No travelling out after dark, avoid the known areas. We're moving, our city is now overrun. Apart from that? With people arriving on a daily basis and being ferried all over the country and rehomed there is no mitigation.

Houseboat - river gypsie lifestyle seems to be the way to go. Don't like the neighbours then move on dunno what else to suggest? Little boy will be starting self defence classes soon. Karate to start with, then when he's 6 we'll add in Wing Chun or some other kung fu.

Possible effects I think you've covered most of them there pretty well, the one that worries me quite a lot is the forced relocation of citizens to house the new arrivals. This will be the next step up from the bedroom tax... no tax to pay if you take in a 'refugee' or ten.

I see it all kicking off in inner cities, establish immigrants don't always enjoy new waves of immigrants turning up. Historical tensions still exists, then there's going to be competition from the new wave of criminals with the existing band of criminals. Now I don't mind thugs killing thugs, makes the country that much better, but innocent people often end up getting hurt instead.

What can we do? Point based system like Australia that'll get the genuine immigrants, then adopt their refuge system - don't take any.

Or do it by landmass, USA created this shitstorm, let them house the poor sods!

Sorry that wasn't very coherent, new baby equals very little sleep, and my blackberry has issues with text on websites for some reason.

Good thread though NR (shocked even myself with that!) very thought provoking.
19 October 2015, 10:32,
To answer's NR's question what can we do.....not a lot really, other than avoid the cities which is where most of the refugees end up.

Also I was reading the following news article on Sky News this morning:

http://news.sky.com/story/1571698/london...-turf-wars

And the following extract just highlights some of the issues that are being imported to the UK as the gang culture starts to thrive in many of the country's bigger cities:

"These kids are chaotic. If they see two lads from another gang on the other side of the street they go over and stab them."

The gangsters described by the former sergeant are fearless because of their youth and, sometimes, because they arrive in the UK from some of the most brutal parts of the world.

Mr Birmingham remembers arresting a teenager from Rwanda.

"He was 15 or 16 years old and he said he was in a mud hut with his family when the hutus came in, chopped his family to death and he hid under their bodies.

"He said to me, 'Do you really think I'm worried about being punched in the face in Croydon?'"

And as Steve has indicated, lets remember that very very few of the refugees are actually Syrian, they are coming from all over North and East Africa and from as far away as Afghanistan. They are coming here because they want a better life, the dream a western life style, but the reality is often different for many of them and that in turn impacts on the rest of us!

A lot of the problems have in my opinion also been created by Germany, promising to take in whoever arrives in the country. Also once they have German citizenship they are presumably free to travel and RELOCATE anywhere in the EU, including the UK.
19 October 2015, 10:43, (This post was last modified: 19 October 2015, 10:49 by NorthernRaider.)
Not Germany, Panzer Merkel and her centre left party, I think if she went to visit Bavaria they would lynch the bitch.

Ah yes the same peace loving Syrians flooding into Europe in the millions, the same peace loving Syrians that join in every attempt to destroy Israel and who have been sponsoring terrorism against the west since 1968. Syria and its people right up until the Arab Spring have systematically HATED the west since the late 1940s. Merkel is doing more damage to Europe in less time than Adolf did.

19 October 2015, 17:00,
Is there any advice here to assist on ones survival?
19 October 2015, 17:36,
no, you are perfectly correct MB, this is purely a rant about the vagaries of Politics, nothing we can do about it as preppers and survivalists, unless one wanted to get involved in politics ones self.
we have absolutely no control over what the politicians and advisors do, until the next election that is and that is another 4 years away, we can bitch and moan as much as we like, but it wont accomplish any darn thing, apart from blowing off wind that is!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 October 2015, 00:45,
I actually had the recent opportunity to visit the Calais migrant camp, which is the thin end of the broader migrant crisis in Europe. Here are some lessons I learned:
- Lots of people have little ability to visualise what they would need in a desperate situation (judging by the ridiculous crap I saw in donation piles at a charity warehouse.)
- Those most supportive of allowing migrants into the UK and helping them in general were completely naive or chose to ignore the obvious consequences of allowing them to come to the UK. There were plenty of tourists walking around the camp as if it was a more authentic Dismaland type attraction, as well as middle class do-gooders bringing their children "Oh Terrence please don't climb the fence." Some where shocked when donations were thrown away or when they were fussy with regards to cloths or shoes.
- Different nationalities (migrants clump together around nationality) cope in different ways, most of the African guys could build a fairly decent hut and set up a communal kitchen for their group, where as the Kuwaiti and other Middle Eastern camps were very squalid and dirty (Afghans the exception, with quite a few orderly shops set up with Afghan flags.
-Little ability to manage latrines. Charities had set up toilets, but no-one uses toilet paper (water bottle and left hand.) There was shit everywhere, I'm surprised more people were not ill.
- They will find it hard to integrate, and many will simply be throwing themselves onto our social safety net, grow the inner city ghettoes and increase the social powder keg. For those that do integrate, they will join the growing underclass chasing the decreasing houses, resources and jobs.
- French police had massively reduced the number of successful illegal crossings, meaning the camp has gone from a temprory stopping point to a slow build up with little pressure release. I actually saw and spoke to few Syrians. I did see Sudanese, Egyptian, Ethiopian, Iraqi, Iranian, Kosovo, not sure who else.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
20 October 2015, 07:34,
A great post TIBBS.....thanks for the first hand account ...WELL DONE MATE!
20 October 2015, 13:14,
I cannot understand why people do not associate politics with the potential for disaster. After all, unless an event is an "act of God" or natural disaster, then almost every other event has the taint of politics or politicians all over it. To be honest, disassociating politics with basic survival is, imho, close to sticking fingers in your ears and yelling "lalalalala". Even disasters like the Somerset Levels flooding over were directly associated with the failure of Government to properly fund work to mitigate the problem; the current immigration farce is politically "hot"; and of course we have the problems with the EU and all that comes with that. No politics involved in prepping for disaster? You have to be kidding! I think it pays to watch everything like a hawk!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.