Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up
21 October 2015, 08:00,
Heads up
New scam alert.

People are being targeted via telephone regarding internet access problems , and being told that they need a new firewall software package to protect themselves from being hacked ...and you need it right NOW....if you give your bank details ,,they then empty your account ....locking your phone line in the process...big activity at the moment !!!!......do not fall for it ! ..... from a reliable source...received 7.50 am Wednesday October 2015...SS
21 October 2015, 12:24,
RE: Heads up
Thanks for the warning, SS. I took a call from "the Bank" a while ago when the caller tried to scam me with computer warnings. Haven't laughed so much for ages. Was still spluttering when he hung up.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
21 October 2015, 20:25,
I've had a couple of scam calls:

"Hello, it's Technical Department, we have detected some problems with your Windows PC but we can sort them out for you"......etc.......etc.....

I managed to keep one on the line for over 15 minutes before I had to do something else, it was great fun.
23 October 2015, 23:35,
Might be related to the talk talk hack in the news. I'm sadly with them. Been checking my account for suspicious activity such as buying white goods online etc. But it might be all connected as the details they got were names, addresses, bank details and birth dates etc. Enough to do some damage.