Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Violence
22 October 2015, 11:36, (This post was last modified: 22 October 2015, 12:36 by NorthernRaider.)
Urban Violence
Knife and violent crime has risen in the last couple of years by 18% in Londonabad and 13% nationally. Violent crime in Urban areas has risen by 26% overall . There are now 250 stabbings a week in the UK , 37% increase in sexual assaults. In 2014 there was 26,370 violent crimes in the UK.

I think we should revisit what we can do to help URBAN preppers survive in their communities.

What can urban preppers DO to reduce the risk to themselves apart from locking themselves away each night.

Could we consider the benefits of CONCEALING bling and brand labels? such as keeping I phones and £200 trainers out of sight when your hoofing it around your neighbourhood especially at night.

Can we persuade the council to improve lighting in the neighbourhood, we need to see and well as listen for approaching threats and I believe asking for more cops is futile as it would only be a temporary fix at best.

Park our cars in well lit areas reversed into parking spaces ready to drive straight out at short notice if required

Could the prepper consider stuff like Self Defence lessons, better equipping themselves to fend off attackers, encouraging preppers and families to become more situationally aware (stop looking at their I phones, unplug those headphones), learn which areas not to walk through at night, be more aware who is getting onto the tram or metro train with you, don't use minicabs, sit near the river on the bus. Get home with your expensive bling shopping before dark, never have BOTH hands carrying bags ( preferably no hands get the stuff on your back). Could they consider slash resistant kids clothing, yes its not cheap but it could be a life saver in many UK area these days.

Some school kids change out of school uniform before they leave school into street clothes so as to not advertise which school they go to. ( apparently a social faux pas punishable by death in many areas)

The home Sec Mrs May thinks the answer to rising knife and violent crime is NOT to use stop and search deterrents but to recruit more women and ethnic minority cops??? the logic goes right over my head I'm afraid. She is outraged that Durham and North Yorks have NO black officers even though I don't think there are more than a dozen black people living in either area. So relying on the state for protection is a no hoper and we need to explore other alternatives.

Ok so it now appears that rising crime and civil disorder is not just located in our larger cities.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...olice.html

Though in my defence I have pointed out recently that crime in rural areas is rising fast.

22 October 2015, 18:30,
RE: Urban Violence
Cut backs on the police ,and street light ,and benefit sanction all help
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 October 2015, 18:53,
just back from a 4 day 3 night run around London and surrey , spent one night by a park that closed at dusk as soon as the parkies closed up for the night all sorts started jumping the fence asked at my next drop its like it all over London anywhere folk can pitch a tent ect they will , up at 5/6 packed up and gone the police don't even bother anymore.

I know its not crime but makes you think.
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 October 2015, 19:06, (This post was last modified: 22 October 2015, 19:10 by NorthernRaider.)
Disagree on all three points Barney, in 2010 London had 32,000 officers available to deal with the Tottenham riots but they were withdrew for their own safety, so police numbers is irrelevant.

Street lights and being converted to LED in many areas which is saving hundreds of millions of pounds in energy bills, this could and should be used to improve lighting in high risk areas.

And benefits have fuck all to do with street crime.

I think in some areas many parks sadly become defacto sleeping places for homeless people, and even worse the scum in society then prey upon those vulnerable homeless, then the scum get cocky and start targeting anyone they consider easy prey.

BUT as usual can we focus on what we CAN do to mitigate the effects on us, rather than causes of which we have no control.

23 October 2015, 10:31,
Don't expect the Police or anyone else to protect you, they don't work for you!! arm yourself and take responsibility for your own safety, don't be a slave.
23 October 2015, 11:12,
In todays Daily Mail.
So lets get this right the UK government and the UK media applaud and condone Israeli citizens who train and arm themselves for self defence BECAUSE 8 Israelis have been stabbed to death and 60 stabbed by criminals and extremists.

BUT in the UK we have seen 10 people stabbed to death in London alone, we have 250 stabbings a week in the UK and last year we had over 26,000 knife attacks on people in the UK, BUT WE ARE PROHIBITED from arming and protecting ourselves from violent attackers. HOW CAN THAT BE JUST OR FAIR?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...newcomment

23 October 2015, 19:18,
NR, can you actually imagine someone trying to STOP the Israelis?

Of course it isn't right that we are not allowed to arm and defend ourselves - legitimately - but in a SHTF situation who is going to step up and stop you? The Police? They're too scared of their own shadows!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
24 October 2015, 09:30,
So stopping people money so they steal to eat ,rob people in the streets and cutting the police !so there is no one out there to stop the crime ,and turning off the the lights to save money ,so the criminals can't be seen has bugger all to do with it .wow NR keep telling your self that mate and it might all go away .bury your head in the sand mate
24 October 2015, 09:54,
(24 October 2015, 09:30)Barneyboy Wrote: So stopping people money ........

Not looking to start an argument about benefits etc, but the issue is, that it is not 'Their' money, that's half the problem, so many people in this country have that entitlement culture and feel like the world owes them.
24 October 2015, 10:05,
That's why it's could NI mate ,it's a insurance policy ,the state pension is not your money but you payed into it,now not all people have payed there bit, but most have .are we going to say all people are not entitled to the money because some don't pay there bit