Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRE!!!
25 October 2015, 14:48,
RE: FIRE!!!
yes I thought you would have. that comment was for any newbie's lurking on the forum, just a gentle hint!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 October 2015, 19:34,
Yep i have a few ....but no blanket ....will sort that out this week though ....cheers BP...from a not so newbie !
25 October 2015, 22:15,
Well that was a surprise... went into the shop I got all my kit from today to let them know what happened (so they could think about stocking these batteries and if it's worth it) and matey promptly gave me the £150 back I paid for it, asked me to send all details and pictures over and quotes for repairing or replacing everything that's damaged and their public liability will cover it! Huge relief, grateful I went to these guys now rather than online.
I have spent about £2k with them in the last couple of years though, go in there at least once a week, so have a pretty good relationship.
25 October 2015, 23:09,
Good news BM ....they have a good work ethic .
26 October 2015, 19:58,
That's a good result BM, they sound like a company that understands loyalty. It works both ways.
26 October 2015, 22:42,
Yes, definitely a good company. Popped back in today and by chance the area manager was there, confirmed that they're on the case, explained timescales etc. Nice chap, was very pleased I wasn't a screaming lunatic - Evidently it's not the companies fault directly, but apparently not many people would agree. Going to chuck me a free tank when they're back in stock as a gesture of goodwill. Going to take about a month before we'll see new carpets on the floor though - not ideal but hey ho - can't complain too much.
31 October 2015, 13:58,
Was having a look at my dads 18650 batteries after reading this & they're lithium ion batteries. As far as I'm aware, lithium ion batteries can explode if severely damaged or pierced. I can remember bear grylls starting a fire by knifing his cheap mobile battery

All of my dads are in good nick, but I warned him about this. Glad you're ok & good to see the store taking their obligations seriously rather than trying to pass the buck as most would.
1 November 2015, 23:21,
I'm glad i left the other battery outside... Went out in the garden today and the battery that was "fine" when I put it out has exploded at some point in the last day or so. It was in an old saucepan so no damage to anything else. Was going to chuck it in the bin, but that probably would have started yet another fire.