Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new storage regulations
25 October 2015, 20:38,
new storage regulations
I had not seen this mentioned and it may affect some here, though not many I suspect.

Note that new storage max without permit is 30, down from 275 at the premises, to include any in containers in vehicles or boats in the total.

http://www.rya.org.uk/newsevents/enewsle...orage.aspx
25 October 2015, 21:03,
RE: new storage regulations
Thanks for the heads up MB .....i for one did not know ! i do not think anything has been reported by the MM here at least i am not aware.
26 October 2015, 01:26,
Not any mention of this in the papers or tv/radio as far as I am aware - so many thanks for this info.
My vehicle is diesel and during the winter months I have 10lt or so in the garage in legal cans just in case and the same applies for my petrol powered generator - you never know when the grid will overload. Also have some lpg handy - stored outside - for the portable heaters and those really cold times when the tribe starts to complain.
26 October 2015, 03:24,
Stealth regulations.

Laws passed, no announcements, nothing said, the police want to search your shed, "nothing to hide, right?", you let them in, then you are being written up for having 10 gallons of mixed cans of petrol, diesel, Paraffin.

Now you are a terrorist!
26 October 2015, 09:24,
I have a feeling at the moment that the 'media' are fixated on making us all feel uncomfortable rather than infoming us with useful news.
Maybe they are being instructed so to do.
In any event it pays to stay within the remit of the 'regulations' if this is reasonable (on a personal level).
If it is not reasonable to the individual then one has to take a small risk or two.
So the powers that be do not actively and broadly notify the public of changes - but they make a small effort and can prove it.
You get investigated/prosecuted for a breach. Sadly ignorance of the law is no excuse/reason and you receive a large fine and obtain a criminal record.
Just another form of taxation - and our 'masters' jog along congratulating themselves on another job well done.
26 October 2015, 10:06,
(26 October 2015, 03:24)Mortblanc Wrote: Stealth regulations.

Laws passed, no announcements, nothing said, the police want to search your shed, "nothing to hide, right?", you let them in, then you are being written up for having 10 gallons of mixed cans of petrol, diesel, Paraffin.

Now you are a terrorist!

These regs are enforced by the HSE not the police.

Also you can still store up to 275 litres without a licence, but you do need to notify them if you store over 30 litres, excluding what you have vehicle/boat fuel tanks etc.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=...cHU1wGK-RQ
26 October 2015, 10:20,
These new regs came out as a response to assorted incidents of stupidity going back as the 2001 fuel shortages cause by striking tanker drivers, examples such as an Asian taxi driver storing petrol in a WHEELY bin in his garage which as an integral garage in his house. Another retard in a garage business was storing spare and salvaged petrol in BUCKETS !!!

26 October 2015, 11:35,
(26 October 2015, 10:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: These new regs came out as a response to assorted incidents of stupidity going back as the 2001 fuel shortages cause by striking tanker drivers, examples such as an Asian taxi driver storing petrol in a WHEELY bin in his garage which as an integral garage in his house. Another retard in a garage business was storing spare and salvaged petrol in BUCKETS !!!

Yes that's exactly right.

The regulations are unenforceable in day to day life, but could be used against you, to prosecute you, if you cause an incident!
26 October 2015, 18:35,
I have to agree with MB ....if its the new rule WHY not tell all...especially if its because of stupid individuals with a single brain cell....MB s reasoning make more sense to me !
26 October 2015, 19:14,
(26 October 2015, 18:35)Straight Shooter Wrote: I have to agree with MB ....if its the new rule WHY not tell all...especially if its because of stupid individuals with a single brain cell....MB s reasoning make more sense to me !

But it doesn't happen with any H&S (or other) legislation, do you know about the CDM Regulations 2015 which came in in April this year or the RIDDOR Regulations, or the changes to H&S Requirements for Self Employed workers that came in on the 1st October, or the requirement for landlords to have CO Monitors in rental properties with solid fuel combustion appliances which also came in on the 1st October???

No of course you don't and nor do most people, but if they apply to you and you fail to comply with them you can still be prosecuted.

As the saying goes:

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat

(Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses not" and "ignorance of law excuses no one" respectively) is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because he or she was unaware of its content.