Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
3 November 2015, 03:13, (This post was last modified: 3 November 2015, 03:25 by Midnitemo.)
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
I was just pointing out that you can miss with a shotgun and that you do still have to aim. just vaguely pointing a shotgun in the right direction and squeezing a round off isn't a guaranteed hit , if my life depended on it in CQB situation I'd pick up a shotgun before a .22 almost everytime , 00 buck is rare in this country as it has no use other than PSG competition's which is a very small niche perhaps only several hundred maybe as many as a 1000 shooters tops in the UK , we cant use it on deer , if you want to buy 00 buck you usually have to order it as it's rarely a stock item. so your shotgunner is more likely to be using no5 shot or smaller so tagging somebody with a few pellets because your aim was off isn't likely to be as effective as a well placed .22 round.

the smallest mag's in .22 semi auto's are usually 10 or more capacity and from my experience my .22lr rifle barely moves of point of aim when fired even with the so called hyper velocity rounds so a second , third or fourth follow up shot in very quick succession would not be unreasonable.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22 - by Midnitemo - 3 November 2015, 03:13