Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
3 November 2015, 18:51,
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
Midnitemo, NR said he got the article from the Graywolf Survival site.

Graywolf is an American.

Secondly, the performance of a cartridge does not change with location and being a sub-marginal cartridge over here does not make it a better cartridge in GB, Germany or Brazil.

And the .22 or the shotgun are not your only choices! You have the choice of any of the dozens of cartridge choices that are better than the .22 in a rifle. You just can not have them in a semi-auto, which contrary to popular belief is not a magical device that makes up for all cartridge and shooter shortcomings.

Due to the shortage of .22lr ammo over here many of us have completely dropped the .22 from our inventories. I have not fired a .22lr shell in a couple of years and I have not missed the experience in the slightest. I bought a .357 carbine for my close range homestead varmint control and I have been using reduced loads in .223/5.56 from bolt action platforms in the place of the .22.

The only reason I still own a .22lr is because I have a couple of them that the grandkids consider to cute to sell. They are used for elimination of the overly aggressive soda cans we so often encounter.

You guys use what you want to use, just don't try to take everyone else down with you by convincing them of the myth of the .22lr. Especially those of you that do not shoot, do not own a firearm, have never fired a firearm and are trapped in an information loop based on internet myth.

BTW, tell your "elderly" and children to man up! I am 65 and shoot a couple of rounds of trap each week. We have several people in my trap shooting club hoisting 12ga shotguns that are nearing 80. My grandson stepped up to a 12bore from the 20 when he was 13 and my 11 year old granddaughter started using the 20ga when she was 10.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22 - by Mortblanc - 3 November 2015, 18:51