Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
1 December 2015, 13:25,
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22
It started life as a bog standard 10/22 beech stock that I bought for £320 14 month's ago , it slowly morphed into what you see now , butler creek folder from Ebay for £75 posted(don't seem to be available new anymore) wanted a folder and not a telescopic for ultimate compactness , it has a target hammer for a better trigger pull , an extended/enlarged bolt handle for ease of use and I'm experimenting with my first ever red dot sight(cheap Hawke 1x30 for £18)may upgrade to something a little better soon as I do like the speed of target acquisition and the both eyes open aspect , tis great fun to shoot in action competitions but I think the dot lacks crispness and is a tad to big at range being 4 moa , just waiting on the postie to bring my back up sights which I will co witness with the red dot.....very quick and easy to refit the old stock/scope should I wish to go hunting(less threatening in appearance with the trad stock on)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rethinking the best home defense weapons: a look at the .22 - by Midnitemo - 1 December 2015, 13:25