Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
3 November 2015, 13:25,
Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
Windows Tracks Your Every Keystroke

Microsoft fans were shocked to discover a keylogger in the final commercial version of the operating system.

Keyloggers track every keystroke made on the Windows 10 device in an effort to try and improve Microsoft products and services.

Voice data is also collected and analysed every time virtual assistant Cortana is used on the desktop operating system.

It was thought that Microsoft would only include the key logger within the Technical Preview versions of the operating system, so that it could use the vast data supplied by beta testers to tweak the final release.

However the slightly creepy software has now been included in the commercial version of Windows 10, PC World has confirmed.

Microsoft analyses your keystrokes and Cortana voice searches to try and improve its services

MICROSOFT • IG

Microsoft analyses your keystrokes and Cortana voice searches to try and improve its services

Explaining the role of the spyware in its FAQ, Microsoft writes: "When you interact with your Windows device by speaking, writing (handwriting), or typing, Microsoft collects speech, inking, and typing information—including information about your Calendar and People (also known as contacts)…”

Fortunately, Windows 10 users can switch off the key logging.

Simply navigate to the Start Menu, then tap Settings.

Privacy is in the third row of the Settings window.

Once you are in the Privacy menu, tap on General, then under Send Microsoft info about how I write to help use improve typing and writing in the future – toggle the setting to Off.

Then, under the Speech, Inking and Typing menu, which is located four rows beneath General – click Stop getting to know me.

This will turn off the speech tracking through dictation and Cortana.

4 November 2015, 08:59,
RE: Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
There appears to be something very unhealthy happening with regards to Windows 10.
Lots of things we are not being told about - lots of things that do not really work that well and have to be fixed almost immediately. It's free (?).
In my experience there is no such thing as 'free'. There is almost always a 'catch'.
Microsoft is just another way of saying 'big brother'.
5 November 2015, 20:39,
I run a windows free household now, Kali Linux is the way forward ;-)
6 November 2015, 10:34, (This post was last modified: 6 November 2015, 10:36 by bigpaul.)
I don't think it matters what system we all use, what with the new "security" laws being proposed TPTB will always find ways to see who we contact and what site we go on, the only thing we can do is keep it legal as much as possible, its either that or go offline, having said that, I think this will be my last laptop, when this one goes bang(the last one lasted 6 years I don't think this one will) that's it i'm offline for good.

its not like anyone will miss me if/when I do.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 November 2015, 10:51,
I keep getting the "your free edition of windows 10 is ready for download" message.
6 November 2015, 10:57,
TH if you want rid of Win 10 ( its a huge file that could slow down your PC a lot) you would need to remove it, and turn off automatic updates to stop the swine from coming back next Wednesday.

its KB3035583

6 November 2015, 12:18,
WHAT ! no BP ....does not bare thinking about ! i for one would become inconsolable....my bottom lip is going right now ! at just the very thought of it .

usual fee Paul ....the Barclay's account !
6 November 2015, 16:19,
(6 November 2015, 10:34)bigpaul Wrote: I don't think it matters what system we all use, what with the new "security" laws being proposed TPTB will always find ways to see who we contact and what site we go on, the only thing we can do is keep it legal as much as possible, its either that or go offline, having said that, I think this will be my last laptop, when this one goes bang(the last one lasted 6 years I don't think this one will) that's it i'm offline for good.

its not like anyone will miss me if/when I do.

Stay anonymous... after Snowden I did a LOT of research into this...
Short version:
Linux distro, use the onion network (TOR as you may know it) with the couple of extra proxies and a damn good VPN. That way you're untraceable. Astoria is being released soon (I hope) - developed purely to combat the NSA spying.
TOR network alone is pretty good, but it's a commonly held belief that the FBI/NSA have just been purchasing the nodes (they aren't short of cash) - if your entry point and exit point are both under their control that's enough proof for them to confirm it's you. They don't need to follow you through the tunnels.

A good VPN give a lot more anonymity - just get one hosted in a foreign country that doesn't keep logs. Combine that with TOR and you should be fine. Unless you're hacking talktalk or pushing ddos ;-)
MAC changer before hand obvs.
6 November 2015, 20:04,
Cheers mate I'm on it.
6 November 2015, 21:38, (This post was last modified: 6 November 2015, 21:53 by BeardyMan.)
(6 November 2015, 20:04)Tartar Horde Wrote: Cheers mate I'm on it.

If you really want to go incognito, run kali off USB (still with the precautions above). No persistence, no tracks. Only really necessary for when you're trying to sign up for isis or something. These usbs are so cheap they're almost ...disposable... Wink

When astoria appears I'll drop a link in here. For now check out the guardian project / securechat / Orbot & orfox. Beef up your Android Comms security...

Cool

VPN as above will NOT be free, not one worth signing up to anyway. Lots of providers out there, have a look and find one that you think suits. I'm sure there's someone else on here who drops on through VPN too.

(6 November 2015, 10:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: TH if you want rid of Win 10 ( its a huge file that could slow down your PC a lot) you would need to remove it, and turn off automatic updates to stop the swine from coming back next Wednesday.

its KB3035583

I think that'll only be a temporary fix NR... massive push for windows 10 take up, sign up is well below what they planned, there'll be no choice at some point. But you're hardly any safer on windows 7 or 8/8.1 a far as privacy is concerned. Best get used to using a different operating system sooner rather than later. All the best ones are open source (free) and can run most of the programs you're familiar with. Worth a look if nothing else never know, you may prefer it!