Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too close to home!!
7 November 2015, 07:38,
RE: Too close to home!!
That was a close shave TH

Your thinking is sound, but reactive, and in the here and now will bet you into deeper shit than potential assailants face with TPTB

I'd recommend thinking proactively. Just make your home unattractive to intruders:

Set up a functioning alarm system with tell tale flashing lights on functioning bell boxes.

Install a CCTV system and make it known across your community that you are streaming onto the Ney and recording 24/7/365.

Alternatively buy a big and scary dog:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 November 2015, 09:30, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2015, 09:44 by Sunna.)
I never open my front door at night until I know who it is , I just open my curtans and look.
if you must keep something at the front door make it a tool that you can explain away.
ie a spud knife , if you stab someone with it .... yes the old bill will check if you were peeling spuds just before .

put a pair of old size 11 work boots by your front door = big boots = big bloke.

if all goes badly the ptb can read your posts up to a year after you posted them , so I have this and could use that my well come back and kick you in the ass.

do gooders stay quiet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-Kent.html

wonder why

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/wom...07401.html
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 November 2015, 10:20, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2015, 10:30 by NorthernRaider.)
CQB should be the absolute last line of defences, keep em out of the premises must be first starting with the outer fence and walls, then detecting them between the outer fence / wall before they reach the house, then preventing them from getting into the house, before making a final stand.

In a similar vein I note the Chief Constable of Durham on BBC TV This morning reporting that due to cuts and re-budgeting issues he originally thought the police numbers would fall from 1700 to 1250, now it turns out someone on the government has screwed up the figures and he will only be able to have 800 officers. Basically that means policing only in town centres and responding to only the most serious of crimes, and the rural areas ( where crime is actually rising the fastest) can actually...... we to be blunt " go and fuck themselves".

I've never been a fan of the police and greatly doubt their actual effectiveness at PREVENTING crime ( unless your a motorist), but the fall in police numbers et al means TROUBLE for rural areas, smaller communities, quieter areas in towns and wealthier areas in cities.

Security / defence should always be in the forefront of our preps, but coupling falling police numbers, mass migration, and the current wave of civil unrest means we REALLY need to be on the ball now.

7 November 2015, 12:33,
Yeah yeah Mort the old tired Indiana Jones response yawn.
Unlike your country our robbers use knives, in fact I have never known any house robbery in living memory where a gun was involved.