Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible users
7 November 2015, 20:00, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2015, 20:02 by Geordie_Rob.)
Photo  Invisible users
Just reading another thread & noticed it said there was 2 invisible users also viewing the thread.

What's that all about? Does anybody know? I took a screen shot but don't know how to attach the pic from my phone which I'm using to visit suk on.

Thanks

Seems I've somehow put a picture frame to the side of this thread title also.

I'm certainly displaying how technically challenged I am Smile
7 November 2015, 20:17, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2015, 20:19 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Invisible users
In YOUR USER CP you can edit your details and also set things to hide of you are online or not.

Its in user settings and is a tick box with "Hide me from the Who's Online list."

8 November 2015, 00:41,
It would not surprise me at all Rob....that they are as pissed off as i am with the lack of good PREPPING posts...and losing the will to even reply... even worse...do not want to be even seen looking in....a big loss to us all and the forum....a bloody shame...i do not see any signs of things improving in the foreseeable future.....even S13 does not post.....speaks volumes to me....the highest reputation recorded on this forum voted by US his peers ....should hit the spot to us all....if you are awake that is ?......as a kid we used to have this rag n bone guy come around ...horse n cart ... i saw him whip the poor old horse...i said hey i seen that ! Fuck off your little bastard!....dad was in the garage ...heard this ....came out grabbed him with the left hand and paned him with the right ....he had an unskeduled break....the horse had two apples.
8 November 2015, 07:58,
I agree SS. I think a big issue is a lot of things have already been covered so there are only a few things that can be discussed again & again.

I also miss s13's posts. They were very informative & I personally think I learnt a lot from his (and others aswell obviously) many posts.
8 November 2015, 10:06, (This post was last modified: 8 November 2015, 10:06 by NorthernRaider.)
Even in prepping there will always be more consumers than preppers, some folks only visit forums to find out specific info, other people just use them like newspapers, others will join in threads that are of interest to them, many come to forums to find others like themselves then comm only via PMs or E Mails, a few team up with like minded others and move on. I was chatting with a forum owner recently and he said though he can get up to 20 new members a month often 15 will be spammers, two or three will make a few posts then vanish and the last few may stay a while.

TYPO error sorry that should read CONSUMERS than PRODUCERS, I have not had my morning coffee yet sorry.

8 November 2015, 11:37,
(8 November 2015, 00:41)Straight Shooter Wrote: It would not surprise me at all Rob....that they are as pissed off as i am with the lack of good PREPPING posts...and losing the will to even reply... even worse...do not want to be even seen looking in....a big loss to us all and the forum....a bloody shame...i do not see any signs of things improving in the foreseeable future.....even S13 does not post.....speaks volumes to me....the highest reputation recorded on this forum voted by US his peers ....should hit the spot to us all....if you are awake that is ?.....

I agree SS, well said that man!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 November 2015, 13:24,
I only post to moan about labour and immigration.

Seriously though as someone said, you can find other resources online or in books. So while this is a prepping forum there isn't enough random conversation going on to get to know he other people. I'll pop back once in a while, or if there is an obvious "happening" in the news to see what you lot think about it.

Also didn't another website review us as the closest the uk would get to the right wing militia gun type prepped forums in the states? That may put people off. Plus if you don't feel the need to post, you can still get a reasonable amount of info and use from the forum without posting "me too" in several threads.
8 November 2015, 17:17,
(8 November 2015, 00:41)Straight Shooter Wrote: that they are as pissed off as i am with the lack of good PREPPING posts...

Post something preppy then Tongue

Simples.
8 November 2015, 17:58,
Even I'm getting as bad as some others, I spend much of my online time chatting via PMs and E mails because its a lot more friendly and peaceable than forums. Many forums are just out and out confrontational these days, and like so many others who have come and gone I'm sick of seeing only a few people making an effort to encourage debates and chat and everyone just taking or whinging ,I definitely don't bother posting anything contentious or challenging on forums because that always just earns me flack, so most probably 85% of anything I find or write about just goes to the PM and E mail route, but hey ho I am very happy I got to learn from people like Lightspeed and a few others, that made the effort worthwhile. Hell it looks like even Skeane Dude is not bothered any more his last editorial was nearly a month ago now.

8 November 2015, 17:58,
what, so you can use it against us in your silly little blog, again? you have already maligned this forum in your stupid little epistle of Smudgeness, i'm surprised you can even crawl back here on your belly but I suppose not having any conscience goes with the territory. having you back is the final straw, that cuts it for me, i'm out of here pronto.
goodbye to all and good luck.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.