Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driverless cars, benefit or threat?
8 November 2015, 12:39,
Driverless cars, benefit or threat?
Hmmm a double fronted push by the establishment to drive people onto using public transport more and more ( no thanks) and now official enthusiasm for CENTRALLY CONTROLLED driverless cars.

I see benefits of less RTA's being offset by even more loss of freedom of choice and mobility, if the state can control ALL or the MAJORITY of transports systems the more easily they can control the masses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ne...-cars.html

8 November 2015, 13:18,
RE: Driverless cars, benefit or threat?
I don't like them because I drive / ride motorbikes. I get enjoyment from the act of travelling so probably wouldn't use a driverless vehicle.

Also there's the whole "car kills me to save 6 kids" type shenanigans people are worried about with the programming.
8 November 2015, 15:44,
(8 November 2015, 13:18)Carnebwen Wrote: Also there's the whole "car kills me to save 6 kids" type shenanigans people are worried about with the programming.

I can see the headlines now:

"Miracle - Programmer Survives 78 car pile-up....."

A witness said "it was as if he was charmed, the other cars just seemed to part in front of him...."

Big Grin

If you're paranoid, simply remove "programmer" and insert "VIP".
8 November 2015, 19:46,
I find the prospect of those things scary. How do you programme a car to avoid problems? Haven't they had the first spate of accidents already in the US?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.