Poll: How many of us have had First Aid training?
Never and not intending to
Never, but planning to in the next year. Course arranged
Never, but planning to in the next three years
Never, but planning to sometime
Yes, within the last year
Yes, within the last five years
Yes,over five years ago
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
28 August 2011, 19:49,
How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
Just wondering how many of us have taken First Aid courses and how recently.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2011, 10:14,
RE: How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
I did a course last year which Medicine Man from the LSG very kindly organised, there was another this year but things got in the way again. Definately something am planning to do again soon!

Ter
30 September 2011, 08:27,
I put the answer to the poll as a No.

The reason being is that I am a Registered Nurse (Adult Branch) in a Criminal Justice setting, so my knowledge and experience is above that level. I have just recently completed the Immediate Life Support (ILS) course, which is the next one up from the BLS.
30 September 2011, 09:18,
Dana,

Fair enough but have you never taken a first aid course? No makes a statement which is different from Yes,over five years ago.

A registered nurse has valuable skills. Just need to stock up on equipment. You will already have some, add more.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 September 2011, 09:22,
No I have never done a first-aid course, I dont need too. The only thing that came close to it was the basic 4 hours as part of joining the RN many years ago.

As far as a home Medical Kit, mine is very extensive, far beyond a First-aid Kit.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.

Every morning, I wake up and thank God I am an Englishman!
30 September 2011, 09:50,
I did 3 or 4 work based First Aid courses but they were all over 5 years ago and it's something I need to do to refresh things. As the courses I did were all work based they were generally about stabilising the patient until help arrived which may not happen during/after an event for a long period, if at all.

I've been thinking about looking into doing a wilderness or expedition type FA course or something similar that is a bit more in depth
30 September 2011, 10:05,
JD,

I'm looking into the prospect of setting one up. I'm not working now but my last role enabled me to set up courses for a small fee. Much cheaper in a larger group.
Skean Dhude
30 September 2011, 10:22,
SD, Depending on the cost I would certainly be interested if you do manage to set one up
30 September 2011, 16:49,
I last took a course about six years ago. I was hoping to take a course in January with the Red Cross. Unfortunately I was the only one to apply so the Course was cancelled. People are very apathetic here. Kenneth Eames
11 November 2011, 11:20,
I usually take first aid courses weekly, its cheating I know but I am a first aid trainer. Big Grin