Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear Reactor Cracks
19 November 2015, 17:28,
Nuclear Reactor Cracks
I never believe anything the Nuclear authorities say, I can remember Windscale, Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima

Cracks found in Jock Nuclear plants AGAIN
BBC Today
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-gl...t-34867312

Cracks found last year
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29481481

19 November 2015, 20:13,
RE: Nuclear Reactor Cracks
I would be more than happy if the uk dumped nuke power and went for wind , solar, wave ect.
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 November 2015, 22:31,
Me too, trouble is the whole of the wind energy is being used as a scam to gain credits for energy companies dirty coal fired plants.

Not many people realise that wind turbine farms are only actually ONE part of the system, no one has built the second part of the system so everyone things wind farms are useless.

20 November 2015, 09:36,
The cost to produce one watt of electricity through wind is very expensive.
Water is cheap but unless you're on Hydro in scotland it's a non starter.

The cleanest (in terms of CO2 emissions) is nuclear. Sorry guys but thats the truth.

When the SHTF and we have massive elec shortages (this winter !!) I forsee a massive return to coal (You want leccy? then you gotta frack!)

Should have done what the French did and built masses of Nuclear. These guys and enedrgy independent now
20 November 2015, 09:58,
Your wrong Dear Lady, its only expensive to produce wind energy because currently we have to include back up generating capacity if its not windy. problem is all our wind farms are only half of the concept.

DIRECT TO GRID UNCONTROLLED
Y'see currently you have say 20 turbines connected to a control station upped to either 11k or 40k and sent to the grid, if its not needed its wasted because they have not built in the original stored energy part of he concept.

What SHOULD happen is thus

INDIRECT TO GRID

20 turbines generate 440 volts sent to control station WHEN IT IS WINDY, then the power generated is used to 'crack' water into its component forms, hydrogen and oxygen which is then stored. When power is needed the hydrogen and oxygen is burnt to produce heat to create steam to spin generators creating energy ON DEMAND, the only waste product is steam.

20 November 2015, 18:40,
(20 November 2015, 09:36)River Song Wrote: The cleanest (in terms of CO2 emissions) is nuclear. Sorry guys but thats the truth.
nuclear is only cheap in the making of electricity, when you add in the clean up costs, the build and the decommissioning costs then its not cheap at all. after all the nuclear accidents around the world I don't trust nuclear, I never have. the only clean energy is wind, solar and wave power.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 November 2015, 22:58,
I'm with NR on this one, and personaly I'd rather have the ocassional black out, than have another nuclear power station regardless of who builds it.
21 November 2015, 23:09,
(20 November 2015, 09:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: Your wrong Dear Lady

That sounds so patronising. The rest of the post makes sense though.
22 November 2015, 10:06,
Ah that's just how the old biddy and I get one, don't worry bout it.Smile

22 November 2015, 10:22, (This post was last modified: 22 November 2015, 10:22 by River Song.)
Better to be patronised than ignored MWAH