Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect preppers dwelling
12 January 2012, 15:33,
Perfect preppers dwelling
You already have the perfect BOL, own the land, planning permission and have the money if own that was the case what would be your perfect dwelling. You would limited to 100K to build it.

Would it be tradition build, wood/log or reinforced concrete?. Open plan living, underground, above ground or a combination of the 2. Single story or multiply levels. Built as a ready to use bunker. The choice is yours.
12 January 2012, 15:54,
RE: Perfect preppers dwelling
(12 January 2012, 15:33)uks Wrote: You already have the perfect BOL, own the land, planning permission and have the money if own that was the case what would be your perfect dwelling. You would limited to 100K to build it.

Would it be tradition build, wood/log or reinforced concrete?. Open plan living, underground, above ground or a combination of the 2. Single story or multiply levels. Built as a ready to use bunker. The choice is yours.

Timber built, open plan, partly underground so not to be seen from any roads or overlooked, single storey, 2 or 3 bedrooms, preferably off grid, off mains with a borehole/well & compost toilet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2012, 15:57,
Geodesic dome of sprayed concrete onto coated steel lattice rebar frame, partially buried if necc,

12 January 2012, 15:59,
(12 January 2012, 15:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: Geodesic dome of sprayed concrete onto coated steel lattice rebar frame, partially buried if necc,
nobody could accuse you of being "green" NR, sprayed concrete-UGH!!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 January 2012, 16:46,
(12 January 2012, 15:59)bigpaul Wrote:
(12 January 2012, 15:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: Geodesic dome of sprayed concrete onto coated steel lattice rebar frame, partially buried if necc,
nobody could accuse you of being "green" NR, sprayed concrete-UGH!!!Tongue

Bullet and Fire proof, radiation resistant, easily buried so you can plant over the top of it with water retaining Sedum.

12 January 2012, 16:50,
(12 January 2012, 16:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: Bullet and Fire proof, radiation resistant, easily buried so you can plant over the top of it with water retaining Sedum.
i see what you mean, i was going for the green/low impact idea!
12 January 2012, 20:01,
Def underground for me. In the middle of a wood with several exits, solar panels and running water. Pref a little island in the middle of a small river.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 January 2012, 20:12,
Some of the Scottish Lochs have Islands in them and I've often thought that they would be ideal to live on. There are several with old castles upon them, some of which are derelict. Perhaps a derelict could prove a good place to hide out. Build a small hut within and stash your preps Kenneth Eames.
13 January 2012, 00:54,
ken could you find these castles and give me grid ref please
or point my in that direction
to win the war, you must be willing to die
13 January 2012, 06:32,
Grumpy, I will certainly do that. Give me time to search my maps over the week-end. I've had my eye on one for quite a long time but its a good distance from me, probably eighty miles away. Of course, you would need a decent sized boat for such a project. However, from what I gather from your posts you probably have a boat. Kenneth Eames.