Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
" Tagging" fellow Preppers & Prepettes, Preplings etc
20 January 2012, 12:17,
RE: " Tagging" fellow Preppers & Prepettes, Preplings etc
Had a bit of a daft idea about us being able to tag each other, Phil and I were exchanging daft comparison lists again last night and one of em was which band or group you would associate with which preppers forum. Anyway he suggested that we would be likened to THE ANIMALS cos we are a bit wild on SUK, and I thought ( yes I do sometimes think) What ANIMAL would I happily pin onto my jacket or bag
( no not a sheep either) and after nearly a whole seconds concentration I came up with

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/6730247363/

20 January 2012, 12:31,
yeah, great but how are we going to get a patch small enough to go on an arm or backpack, i dont want some blooming great huge patch that draws attention, we need something small and unobtrusive that only we know to look for, just my 4pence worth!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 January 2012, 12:35,
Dunno, I said I only thought about it for a second, thats a long time for me, but you can get all sorts of taz badges from kids shops etc, and it doesnt even need SUK on it. So long as we dont meet at a disney event that is !!!!!

20 January 2012, 12:55,
like i said, i can get cheap badges made, but the minimum order number is 6.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 January 2012, 13:30,
Have to pick a design first. My neighbours already have a patch similar to that on their kids pack. Let's go for something that is clear and not ambigious.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 January 2012, 13:44, (This post was last modified: 20 January 2012, 13:49 by NorthernRaider.)
Erm if SKEAN DHUDE is a play on Skean Dhu the jocks oversized toothpick why dont we just use a picture of that?
Like this for example ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/6730501805/

20 January 2012, 13:57,
(20 January 2012, 12:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: So long as we dont meet at a disney event that is !!!!!

I LOVE DISNEY!!!!!! Worked there for a summer internship in Florida, and I go there pretty much once a year!!! There is nothing wrong with Disney!!!!

Anyway, Taz is Warner Brothers, not Disney!!! :-P

Disney rocks!!!
20 January 2012, 14:00,
(20 January 2012, 13:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: Erm if SKEAN DHUDE is a play on Skean Dhu the jocks oversized toothpick why dont we just use a picture of that?
Like this for example ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43478117@N00/6730501805/

It is but I was looking for something that wouldn't draw attention if worn in public, in the office for example. A simple design anyone can use and recognise. A black circle with a yellow dot in the middle for example. Velco or pin backed.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 January 2012, 14:36, (This post was last modified: 20 January 2012, 14:41 by Scythe13.)
What about the initials SVLIST ?

Only someone that knows the word survivalist will understand that. Everyone else would think it said SV List.
Really, the only way we can get a uniform Survivalist/Prepper symbol is if someone creates a single symbol, and everyone on every other forum accepts it.

In which case, can I propose a play on the olympic rings? Each ring represents an element of what is needed to survive.
Food
Water
Shelter
Fire

But have those circles in a 2x2 grid like this:
OO
OO

But touching. That's it. That simple. But as long as we get it posted on every forum that that is the symbol to wear around so that you can be recognised by other preppers at meetings, then we are good to go.

If we are going to be more military, can I suggest the homeguard symbol, as someone else recommended earlier in this thread.
20 January 2012, 14:45,
i still like the pure and simple SUK its how we all refer to the site. maybe we could have: S.UK or S-UK or S/UK. we know what it means but it wont mean anything to non-members. what do you think?