Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So where would you go?
9 December 2015, 17:48,
So where would you go?
Lets explore................... lets say the US/UK/EU become no go areas for what ever reason takes your fancy, and you HAVE to leave.

So WHERE would you go, and HOW would you (try) get there?

9 December 2015, 20:13, (This post was last modified: 9 December 2015, 20:34 by MaryN.)
RE: So where would you go?
North, north Canada, or Alaska if allowed. I've done the tropical island bit - they're sinking so not so safe anymore. Actually, Russia looks nice....

Actually, OH used to be a chopper pilot, so perhaps we could nick one and fly off somewhere.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
9 December 2015, 22:27,
£30k gets an old but seaworthy 45ft yacht, load it up with all my tools and machinery, and bugger off to the Azores for a while.
9 December 2015, 22:46,
Azores is good, Tristan Da Cuhna, St Helena, Acsension, Falklands , Kerguelen, Cap Verde, Bermuda, Faroes etc lots of good islands and attolls for the VERY brave sailor / prepper Smile

I get seasick in the bath so that's out for me Smile. Jersey, Gurnsey, Sark, IOM, IOW perhaps ?

10 December 2015, 10:02, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2015, 10:03 by bigpaul.)
i'm not going anywhere.

isn't that what we say about the Syrian refugees "why don't they stay and fight for their country"??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2015, 11:52,
NR did say that that the EU/US/UK were no go areas mate, so you can't stay, you have to pick somewhere else, play nicely now or no Christmas presents for PaulBig Grin
10 December 2015, 12:00,
New Zealand or Canada would be high on my list
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 December 2015, 12:01, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2015, 12:03 by bigpaul.)
I cant imagine the UK ever being a no go area TH, how about a bit of "guerrilla warfare"???Big Grin but if I absolutely had to go, I guess i'd pick Canada as its my second favourite country and at least they speak English-well apart from Quebec that is!! i'm not sure the missus could put up with the cold winters though!! maybe Northern France...the rural areas are supposed to be like Britain was 50 years ago!Big Grin

wife has family in Canada and connections to New Zealand and Tasmania.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 December 2015, 01:44,
I'm not playing either mate staying in East York's lol.
11 December 2015, 03:08,
It really depends on why Blighty is a no go....if only temporary then I'd hop over to Brittany but if totally fekked and I could get there then it'd have to be New Zealand followed closely by the English speaking provinces of Canada.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!