Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debt free or away from densly populated areas when SHTF?
20 December 2015, 01:17,
RE: Debt free or away from densly populated areas when SHTF?
I am tied to London for two reasons. First I work in the city. I could get a job elsewhere in a different industry but I earn pretty good money so best to make hay while the sun shines.

Fully aware of job insecurity, I think about it a lot. My outgoings are minimal and I have savings to last me a year. Don't think because I am considering buying a house in Surrey I flash with the cash, far from it. I have peers who think this period of good opportunity will continue indefinately, I am always telling them they will look back at these as the good times.

Secondly my wifes family are based in West London, and her career. My wife will not be convinced to move too far from her family or her job because of crazy SHTF talk. This country has been economically and politically stable her entire life (relatively) and she's no reason why that won't continue. It's a reasonable position to have and compromise will be necessary.

Seems you believe getting debt free is the priority. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Debt free or away from densly populated areas when SHTF? - by Sardo_Numpsa - 20 December 2015, 01:17