Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday EDC
14 January 2012, 10:16, (This post was last modified: 14 January 2012, 10:48 by NorthernRaider.)
Holiday EDC
I guess that only 5 year old italian Cruise liner of 110,000 tons laying capsized and completely without power or lighting is damn good proof as to why everyone should take the basic essentials with em on holiday.

Imagine a cruise liner on its side in the dark without power and trying to find your way out without a flashlight ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...coast.html

14 January 2012, 12:39,
RE: Holiday EDC
NOTE * Comments repeated time after time on Sky, BBC, CNN, Euro New al Jazeera, Daily Mail etc " People were panicing and pushing past each other trying to fight their way into the life boats" + " The crew paniced" + "No one new what to do as soon as the lights failed"

(note also ultra modern 4 year old ship and its emergency lights apparently failed when needed, only a complete dickhead travels without a good flashlight any further than the corner shop)

That ladies and gents is humanity at its most basic, never mind women and children first, never mind safety procedures, when TSHTF fear and instinct kick in. Its the same for sinking ships, crashing trains, motorway pile ups, terrorist bombs, riots, civil unrest and social collapse. The elegant lady businesswoman with the Gucci and Prada clothing stuck in the same city street as you will rip your throat out with her teeth you grab that 1 liter bottle of Avian mineral water you found.

14 January 2012, 12:48,
this is an excellent example, if one is needed, to think TWICE about where you are travelling and how! the thing is to not get into this situation in the first place. i have heard these "cruise ships" referred to as blocks of flats on top of a barge. just shows you how the Sheeple will react to any serious event, what ever happened to "stiff upper lip" & "women and children first"?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 January 2012, 13:00,
I wont travel anywhere without a basic EDC contingent, so if I'm not allowed said kit on plane I wont fly. I've even stopped boarding trains at Mainline stations and use metros or connecting trains from branch lines to get to my mainline train. To many jobsworths with metal scanners who think a 55 year old, white christian Englishman could be a muslim terrorist.

14 January 2012, 13:05,
if we cant travel somewhere in our own car we dont go, i dont trust public transport or the people on it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 January 2012, 17:52,
I'm thinking about those little breathing tube things. Not snorkels, but the ones James Bond had. That supply you with 3-5 minutes of air under water. I'm sure they're real. Someone was telling me about them when I was scuba diving once (obviously not while under water).
15 January 2012, 18:08,
(15 January 2012, 17:52)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm thinking about those little breathing tube things. Not snorkels, but the ones James Bond had. That supply you with 3-5 minutes of air under water. I'm sure they're real. Someone was telling me about them when I was scuba diving once (obviously not while under water).

in "doctor no" james bond cuts a reed and uses it to breathe underwater, dont know how plausible that is-i'm not about to tryTongue
15 January 2012, 18:45,
(15 January 2012, 18:08)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 January 2012, 17:52)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm thinking about those little breathing tube things. Not snorkels, but the ones James Bond had. That supply you with 3-5 minutes of air under water. I'm sure they're real. Someone was telling me about them when I was scuba diving once (obviously not while under water).

in "doctor no" james bond cuts a reed and uses it to breathe underwater, dont know how plausible that is-i'm not about to tryTongue

Sorry BP, but I hate to say it, that is 100% plausible. The Japanese ninja used the same thing. You cut off the top and the bottom and you have a straw. It would be a little hard to breath through it though, if it was too thin.

I'm on about the thing that Q gives to Bond.
15 January 2012, 18:49,
I know the thing you mean a bit bigger than a pen with 2 small oxygen tanks 1 at each end. I think you can get then somewhere.
UKS
15 January 2012, 19:03,
http://www.heed3.com/

That is the closest I've seen to it.