Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky gas canisters
14 January 2012, 12:21,
Leaky gas canisters
You know these little portable cassette type cookers that use little tins of gas that clip into a gas compartment, have any of you had any of the gas canisters spring a leak, if so can you remember what make they were?

14 January 2012, 13:43,
RE: Leaky gas canisters
Sorry NR, those things always looked a bit dodgy to me so I've never had the pleasure of using one.
Are you finding re-occuring leaks with a certain brand?
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

14 January 2012, 14:19,
(14 January 2012, 13:43)Reality Jones Wrote: Sorry NR, those things always looked a bit dodgy to me so I've never had the pleasure of using one.
Are you finding re-occuring leaks with a certain brand?

I've had two start leaking inside the van when left in the tub in the back on hot days !!!

14 January 2012, 16:18,
I've a few but never had a leak so far. I check them every now and again and they are still full. I do leave them in an enclosed space although I visit it rarely so they could leak without me knowing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 January 2012, 11:59,
I've got a bundle stored in a filing cabinet (next to the cooker) which I check every so often.

This is the type of cooker:

http://www.aboveandbeyond.co.uk/.Camp-Bi...053703.htm

and the gas cylinder:

http://www.aboveandbeyond.co.uk/prodimg/...4_zoom.jpg

The gas itself is soon to go "out of date", like tins I suspect that the contents will be fine but the canister integrety may be reaching it's shelf life.

Ter
15 January 2012, 14:17,
Aye Terry thats the same cooker and canister but mine is just branded under another name.