Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right From the Front Page....
9 January 2016, 16:58,
Exclamation  Right From the Front Page....
OK, this didn't take too much imagination to write, but I believes it applies to all of us. It will be written from a male perspective...

You, your wife, and your two daughters (one teen-age, one about ten years old), head into the nearest larg-ish city for a shopping trip. What you're shopping for (preps perhaps?) isn't available in your own small town, or perhaps is on sale in the larger town. Your game plan is to have a fun family outing, make your purchases, and take the family to a shop for ice cream sundaes, then head home by 5:00PM or so, well before dark.

You park your car about a block away from the store which is your main puropse of the trip, and start walking down the street with your family when you are suddenly surrounded by 10 to 12 middle-eastern "immigrants" who immediately start bumping your wife and daughters a'la "Cologne Germany New Years Eve". The "bumpinng" becomes "groping" of the female private parts. This is definitely a group attack of a sexually predatory nature.

1. What EDC items do you have?
2. Can any of these items help you?
3. What instructions have you given to your wife and children concerning this possibility?
4. What are your actions?
5. Can you plan such an outing to avoid a situation such as I described?

Note: for purposes of this discussion, US-style concealed carry is NOT an option.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 January 2016, 17:25, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2016, 17:26 by Lightspeed.)
RE: Right From the Front Page....
Good and timely scenario Jonas,

If living in an area where such an incident were likely, I'd cruise the destination to check for possible problems before parking up.

If we were actually caught up in such a situation, I'm pretty sure that the first person to touch my wife or daughters would get laid out flat, right there and then, probably by a single blow...... by my wife:-)

That would either diffuse things or escalate them considerably.

What EDC carry items do we carry that might mitigate the situation? None at all. If we were allowed a concealed carry 9mm that might do the trick, sending a few of them to enjoy their 59 virgins minus their dangly bits.

But seriously, there is no mitigating the Cologne event. A crowd of 1000 concealing at least 20 assailants ( that's how many have been charged so far) is only controllable by military force and lots of it.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 January 2016, 17:26,
Don't go to places where stupid people congregate and do stupid things.

Avoid crowds. Be looking constantly for alternate travel routes, escape routes and places of safety.

Stay in condition "Yellow," alert and aware of your surroundings.

When you know there is high potential for civil unrest, planning a shopping trip to the "big city" seems like a bad idea.
Postpone the trip for quieter times. Plan ahead for daily needs. You can order almost everything you need, including groceries over the phone or Internet and have them delivered.

If the shopping trip cannot be avoided, go in a group. Don't loiter, get in, get out. Designate a watchdog who keeps alert for trouble. If the trigger trips, everybody gathers together and exits. If blocked you screwed up. Be prepared to fight your way out, but leave!

A stout canvas shopping bag full of tinned goods makes a good impact weapon. So does a clutched handful of chopsticks or plastic cutlery if that's all you have.

Most important is NOT to be a "condition White" clueless soft target.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
9 January 2016, 17:56,
personally I don't go to BIG cities....period, anything I want is available from my armchair on the internet and delivered to my door, this also keeps our local postie in work.
if I had to, absolutely had to, go there, I would practice Situational Awareness and spot these individuals long before they came anywhere close and take avoiding action.
looking the way I do most people keep well away from me anyway, it does have its advantages sometimes NOT being "grey man"!!!
anyone who tries anything with my wife is liable to be decked anyway!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 January 2016, 17:57,
There's little we can carry in the UK to help, but we are allowed an aerosol marker spray which might prove a deterrent to the minority who are trying to hide in the crowd.

It is a stated aim of ISIS to turn the Western people against immigrants, so as to drive them, angry, back to their homelands. The incidents in Germany are clearly having that effect, so we can expect to see more of them.
9 January 2016, 18:02,
A mix of LS and Charles really....but as ever the resourceful SS ....
(Scream in a girlie high pitched voice) " we all have AIDS " please come back ! not had sex in ages ...no don't run away . although this is no joking matter , you would be hard pressed to come out ahead.
9 January 2016, 18:27,
Lock knife, tactical pen, Serrated bezel Tactical Flashlight, keys on long steel chain and wife has an aerosol of RAID in her bag

9 January 2016, 18:28,
Oh and if we go into city steel tipped brolly for her and allow walking pole for me.

9 January 2016, 18:34,
Visit city for supplies at 08:30-09:00
Out by 10:30 at latest

Low life dont generally appear much before noon/

Tactical Torch / serrated edge -- wasp spray --- lighter DIY Flame thrower
9 January 2016, 18:44,
(9 January 2016, 18:34)River Song Wrote: Visit city for supplies at 08:30-09:00
Out by 10:30 at latest

Low life dont generally appear much before noon/
how true! I've never understood these people( like SIL) who don't set off before about 11.30AM, by that time I'm on the way back.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.