Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell everything! 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS
29 January 2016, 09:17,
RE: Sell everything! 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS
(29 January 2016, 00:22)Devonian Wrote: SS, I know you are only trying to keep us all informed and forewarned etc, but no matter how much research I do on this I really cannot find anything that would suggest the collapse of the BDI would lead to a economic Collapse in the UK or EU, or even in China for that matter.

It's not that the collapse of the BDI will lead to economic collapse.
It's only an indicator that probably collapse is on its way. There are lots of other factors which all seem to be pointing to the same thing. Therefore its always wise to prepare.

As far asa China goes, you have got to be kidding. The system is rotten through and through. Everything is artificically controlled and their shadow banking system will be the death of them.

As usual with imperialists of all kind Western and Eastern, the way out is a "jolly good war" and IMHO one of the flashpoints will be South China Sea
29 January 2016, 09:21,
From Bloomberg - who you could expect to rather bullish ...

"The Shipping News says World Economy is Toast"

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/20...y-is-toast
29 January 2016, 10:36,
Well I truly appreciate every heads up or tip of forthcoming problems that people post, but I think that we are still focusing to much on CAUSES or trouble of which we have no direct influence over, rather than giving us the welcome warning then looking at ways of surviving it if it happens.

29 January 2016, 11:18,
(29 January 2016, 10:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: Well I truly appreciate every heads up or tip of forthcoming problems that people post, but I think that we are still focusing to much on CAUSES or trouble of which we have no direct influence over, rather than giving us the welcome warning then looking at ways of surviving it if it happens.

Good point!
29 January 2016, 12:05,
took you long enough to come to that conclusion, oh well, better late than never I suppose.
can we now get this forum back to prepping and survival instead of scaremongering something we cannot control?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 January 2016, 12:22,
I think there's enough material on this site and others about 'what' to do when SHTF
Although new ideas are always welcome

BP - it's not scaremongering at all. It's pointing to certain things.

I'd like to know if there is a car crash ahead so I can use the knowledge I have.
29 January 2016, 12:33,
certain things...that we can do nothing about.
the only advise I keep hearing is, take your money out of the bank and hide it under the mattress.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 January 2016, 15:51,
(29 January 2016, 12:33)bigpaul Wrote: certain things...that we can do nothing about.
the only advise I keep hearing is, take your money out of the bank and hide it under the mattress.

Well actually, if you have any money under the mattress, now could be a really really good time to invest in the stock market!! Wink Big Grin
29 January 2016, 19:40,
''cataclysmic year' --- had to have my dog put down today. Back legs had gone. Very old.
I knoew it was the right thing to do but still very tearful.

Sorry totally off-topic
29 January 2016, 20:53,
(29 January 2016, 12:22)River Song Wrote: I think there's enough material on this site and others about 'what' to do when SHTF
Although new ideas are always welcome

BP - it's not scaremongering at all. It's pointing to certain things.

I'd like to know if there is a car crash ahead so I can use the knowledge I have.

I quite agree, and appreciate efforts to warn us if economic collapse is getting closer - forewarned is forearmed.