Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell everything! 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS
14 January 2016, 09:56,
RE: Sell everything! 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS
(14 January 2016, 07:26)Lightspeed Wrote: Hi Dev,

My earlier reply was a little terse... please excuse.

Yes I've read the background, but also noticed that the US started making lots of noise about their greater petroleum independence based on shale, exactly at the same time as they needed to trim the wings of the Russian economy.

Even is Saudi is not knowingly playing the game, the end result is that the US is getting its way.

Personally, low oil price is something I can live with.

Hi LS

No, not terse at all and yes I'm sure the Russian aspects are also being played out here as well in response to their actions in the Ukraine/Crimea.

Greaterr energy security/self reliance is definitely something the US is striving for, as is the UK and many other countries.

The problem that the Saudi's have is that they are 100% reliant on oil, they have no other industry at all, so the US, UK, Russians being self reliant on terms of energy supply does not sit well with them.

But going back to RS's post, I hope it is not the case, and from a personal business perspective I can say that the first 6 months of 2015 were far stronger than the final 6 months, but also that these first 2 weeks of January 2016 (very short time I know) have actually been "very" busy, record levels for us, which I hope is a positive sign moving forward. ..... I also note that some of the supermarkets are also posting unexpectedly strong Christmas sales results, so I guess it's a case of who really knows what is going on in the markets....

Maybe if the banks are saying sell, it could actually be the ideal time to buy.....??

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sell everything! 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS - by Devonian - 14 January 2016, 09:56