Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I took the plunge into com's at last!
15 January 2016, 17:15,
RE: I took the plunge into com's at last!
Lightspeed has given me a shortlist of thing's I should learn straight away , such as learning to scan the VFO , using the manual squelch(used before in a previous life)how to set the power levels and how to adjust the steps in the scan and to disable the keypad bleep(annoying)I've managed all these things without to much trouble , the instructions are very clear(not Chinglish! this put me of the UV5 terribly...I can follow instructions if well written) have found all my user 's in my work vicinity and am quite surprised at how many there are! my only bug bear is I can't get the PMR frequencies hence adjusting the steps to the smallest increment(5hz)earlier....turns out it was an oversight by me which all became clear when I read the PMR rules/guidelines in short my kind of transceiver is barred from using PMR frequencies so i'll have to cover those another way, and I thought I'd covered everything pfffft....LS is going to help me with some of the more complex stuff , Repeaters , memory banks , cloning and no doubt loads of other stuff I'm going to need to know.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!

Messages In This Thread
I took the plunge into com's at last! - by Midnitemo - 15 January 2016, 14:51
RE: I took the plunge into com's at last! - by Midnitemo - 15 January 2016, 17:15