Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF it happnes what you doing about it.
31 January 2016, 19:30,
IF it happnes what you doing about it.
so after several years of [this is the year] of economic meltdown warnings something MIGHT be on the cards.
what if anything are you planning to help you and yours , I today just added to the stores with loads of value soap , toothpaste , loo roll , powder milk and washing up liquid .
next loads of tinned fish in veg oil and the bigger tins in tom sauce with a look round for a cheap type of bio tex soaker.

now I don't think the world is going to end the £ will be worth something in the uk but things that are imported could shoot up in price and some stuff could be hard to get hold of.
can you think of imported stuff to stock up on £ shop batteries stuff like that.
Survive the jive (youtube )
31 January 2016, 21:16,
RE: IF it happnes what you doing about it.
(31 January 2016, 19:30)Sunna Wrote: can you think of imported stuff to stock up on £ shop batteries stuff like that.

As well as stocking up on imported goods consider stocking equipment to allow you to repair things that wear out or break. Sewing needles for example.

Also, think beyond the obvious. Imported fish hooks cost pennies, but would be time-consuming to make at home.

If you have room think about something you can use as an anvil, so you can make useful objects from the scrap metal that abounds in the UK.
31 January 2016, 21:54,
Cheap batteries are just that...cheap.

Its well worth saving and going for
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop with a good solar charger.
ATB
Harry
31 January 2016, 23:05,
I agree with Steve's view, but i would add.... buying and stocking more stuff makes sense ...but there again it seems to be a short solution to a problem that could well be a long dragged out process , which i think is eluded to within Steve's reply , i really do believe in the practice of making ourselves very familiar with OLD and proven ways of past generations ....if we can understand their ways and skill sets ...this would make any transitions from plenty to becoming almost sparse and very expensive even if you you have the means to buy it....my recommendation would be to get some good books and learn ...or have the means to learn and practice those forgotten skills and crafts , i know many on here have libraries...as i do ...hard copy is what i am talking about !...BUT practice is the best way forwards ...learning After the event is not the best way to learn ...under pressure...and you may well have dependants looking to YOU ...i have ....so GO LONG not short ..give yourselves the best fighting chance open to you...do it now...while its EASY....if you do nothing ....you will deserve your inaction and your ultimate failure.