Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOLD....rush ?
12 February 2016, 08:45,
GOLD....rush ?
Gold prices are on the up, traders are going into gold (physical gold ) Britain's top bullion dealer BULLION BY POST had their biggest ever one day sales...traders are queuing for physical gold ..fearing market collapse ....this is sending the price up.

Some experts say that the price will be manipulated down next week to prop up the stock markets and we should expect the price to fall, the problem here is if traders are switching to physical gold over fears of collapse this means there will be a bigger shortage of supply.....which will end up the likes of us not being able to buy some to protect our wealth....assuming none of us have any at present....this will force prices up ...even if you can get it ...so now is the time to buy some (if you can afford too ) just like our food preps ....gold ...is an insurance

It looks increasingly good to get into ANY physical asset....stuff you can hold in your hands..... land,gold,silver,tools,food,water,seeds,grains,chickens,pigs,goats,cows ,horses and anything else you can think of you can improve your lifestyle...not forgetting things you can barter.

my apologies if you think this post is about scarring the shit out of you...but you can just ignore it or mods can remove it....simples
12 February 2016, 11:12,
RE: GOLD....rush ?
No, I really don't think this post is scaremongering. The first thing I do now every morning is to log into the financial pages and scan the news. It's not looking too great, but what is worrying me is what TPTB are NOT saying - now that's really scary! I'm minded to move cash into other assets and just keep the mimimum in the bank to settle monthly outgoings - OH thinmks I'm crazy, but the bells of Elfland are tinkling........
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
12 February 2016, 16:01,
In the US in 1933 FDR seized private gold holdings. Americans who buy gold as a hedge are fools, because if the economy really collapses, the government will seize it again. If the smallest gold coin denomination you have is worth $1000, that is what your grocery basket will cost. The best thing the average person can do is to stockpile food, fuel, clothing and medicines. Until you have a year's food storage, batteries, medical supplies, clothing, tools and farm or household supplies, buying precious metals is embarking on a fool's errand.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
12 February 2016, 17:50,
True Charles ...but back then there was a gold standard, most currencies were backed by the gold standard , if you took your gold to ANY bank in the USA they would give you cash to the turn of that gold standard, Nixon got rid of the gold standard that's when the petrodollar became the new standard per say , if you were to look at oil versa gold....no contest....gold wins out ...as it has for millennia..you should not view gold as money ...more as a long term insurance of wealth history tells us its a winner hardly a fools errand ....but i agree 100% with you Charles a years supply of what you list is the best thing any of use can do , .....as i have said earlier any physical asset is most agreeable .
12 February 2016, 19:46,
Think about what you will spend your gold on, and buy that instead.
13 February 2016, 12:15,
Invest in Lead and propellant!
13 February 2016, 14:35,
(13 February 2016, 12:15)Tartar Horde Wrote: Invest in Lead and propellant!

Check. Next ?
13 February 2016, 18:11,
Hoping to buy a 5ltr tub of trail boss at the show tommoz and a .38/.357 mould fingers crossed
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!