Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplified Reloading - Partisan Style
29 October 2017, 22:38,
RE: Simplified Reloading - Partisan Style
I find part of their discovery troubling.

If they only had cylinders blow during trials when they suspected a crack between cylinders then what caused the crack?

Those cases with 5-10 charges and a bullet on top were troubling too. I can not imagine that happening to any reloader with an IQ higher than his age! I suppose that anything is possible.

The studies I read were many years prior to this report, made before even I had begun reloading and I discovered them early in my studies. My first powder purchase had been Bullseye and I have to admit that it was my last purchase of that powder type. I still prefer a powder that will overflow the case if double charged whenever possible, but that is not always possible due to powder density and the size of the case.

My second can of powder was the Unique label, simply due to the bulk and safety margin of the slightly slower burning powder. There is no way to know how many cans of Unique I have burned over the years. I used it contentedly for several decades for all my .38/9mm/45 reloads and all my shotgun reloading until the recent shortage of components over here caught me with a limited supply.

I was forced to purchase a large amount of the powder Spain uses for loading their NATO spec 9mm rounds and it has given me good performance in all the pistol rounds I have reloaded using it. I have reloaded everything from 7.65acp pistol up to .44 magnum with good results, although the large .44 cases need a slower powder. I have also used it in 12 gauge shotgun loads to good effect.

As soon as the products were once again available I stocked up on my favorites as well as purchasing some new offerings that seem to better suit my rifle shooting needs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simplified Reloading - Partisan Style - by Steve - 16 February 2016, 20:36
RE: Simplified Reloading - Partisan Style - by Steve - 16 February 2016, 23:03
RE: Simplified Reloading - Partisan Style - by Mortblanc - 29 October 2017, 22:38