Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
9 March 2016, 11:15,
RE: Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit......
for many people prepping is little more than a hobby, a part time pastime, a passing interest.
for some of us its more like a lifestyle, a complete culture and belief system.
in both "camps" we do what we can to provide ourselves a back up in times of adversity, which even if someone does the minimum still puts them ahead of the ordinary sheeple.
I guess i'm a little different, i'm older than most on here, and I was brought up by WW2 generation parents in a time before supermarkets, computers and mobile phones.
was talking to the wife about this during breakfast this morning, I think prepping is in our blood-although they didn't call it that back then, but our parents made sure the cupboards were always well stocked-not necessarily full but well stocked, it was no good running out of something when the shops were shut!!
people were more self reliant back then, I remember dad resoling our shoes-and no he wasn't a cobbler-he was an accountant!!
self reliance would be a good skill for most people to learn these days , the majority are too reliant on other people for their every want, not good when SHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting to think we may be stuck here for a bit...... - by bigpaul - 9 March 2016, 11:15