Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Best Cache Storage
17 January 2012, 11:46,
RE: Best Cache Storage
Yes and in all those places others can find them just on a day to day basis, they find them when looting or you can't get to them after an event.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 January 2012, 11:58,
RE: Best Cache Storage
(17 January 2012, 11:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: Yes and in all those places others can find them just on a day to day basis, they find them when looting or you can't get to them after an event.

There is a risk with every type of cache, its up to folks to choose sites wisely and assess the risks involved, As I wrote on PUK a while back I lost one cache to rising water, the spot was good, the spot was secure, the spot was remote, i thought it would be ideal until the land owner laid a few hundred yards of perforated drainage pipe in a field over half a mile away to improve its drainage, it worked well for him, but the excess water chose a new place to settle and that was at the base of the dry stone wall where my cache was living.