Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ article on going green / offgrid
10 March 2016, 20:35,
RE: PJ article on going green / offgrid
Ah i remember well .......my father up early Sunday morning and gone with his 12 gauge and returning with a few rabbits, gutting out skinning and in the pot for Sunday dinner ...this was a bit of a event ....the sound of four boys spitting out shot....why is there so much shot dad ? WHAT ! ...."well they don't come out with their hands up "....looked at an old photograph the other day all four brothers together on the yard....all smiling and teeth missing ....it was like looking at a fucking piano keyboard .
10 March 2016, 21:51,
Am not a big fan of labels, but they can call me what they like. I know what I am, I know what I do and why I do it - that's enough for me. I do get a lot of 'How can you be bothered making bread/growing carrots/making your own whatevers etc'. My reply is always along the lines of 'How can you not be bothered learning to do things like that?'
I find myself doing a lot of things my granny did - washing out polythene bags for re-using, wiping the inside of the egg shell to get every last bit out, not to mention the jam mountain.
Was brought up on home butchered sheep, old boiling hens, proper blankets, chanty under the bed, growing our own, picking brambles, fishing in the loch, field mushrooms, knitting and sewing, plucking and gutting, mending, brewing - you name it. It's stood me in very good stead in a lot of ways, and will continue to do so.
Not smug, just how it is and was and how I arrived here
Knitting is not a hobby, it's a post apocalyptic life skill..................
10 March 2016, 22:00,
Oh you are going to fit right on in among this lot mister Astral Mariner. Smile

10 March 2016, 22:10,
(10 March 2016, 22:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Oh you are going to fit right on in among this lot mister Astral Mariner. Smile

Ahem............ Ms actually lol
Knitting is not a hobby, it's a post apocalyptic life skill..................
10 March 2016, 23:58,
My sincere apple-ogies Ms