• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another smart phone opsec issue
11 March 2016, 00:19,
Another smart phone opsec issue
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...gnals.html

11 March 2016, 10:12,
RE: Another smart phone opsec issue
I thought this was common knowledge?
haven't TPTB tracked "persons of interest" by their phone signal in the past??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2016, 10:13,
wasn't that how they traced some people on that "hunted" programme by their phone usage??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 March 2016, 11:23,
Damn smart phones Sad
11 March 2016, 11:36,
Smartphones use the normal phone connection to make calls usually. These connections can be used to track your phones.

Some can also use WiFi when it is set up correctly and go hunting for stations to use when they are out and about. This can track your phones.

Smartphones are in reality hand computers that have been programmed to work as phones. So have all the facilities that computers have for networking. WiFi is just one way to connect. These computers are often installed with GPS as well which knows your location to within a few meters. This information can be recorded every minute or so to track your travels.

In reality all phones can be used to locate your and will update anyone that asks.

Turn off GPS, Wifi and your phone and you wont get tracked. You won't get any calls either.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 March 2016, 11:59,
Pshaw back in the good old days when I worked 30 hours a day and walked 40 miles to work and back our communications were well served by Messenger Whippets and Postal Ferrets we did not need this modern techo..... technol....... machines.

11 March 2016, 12:16,
yep, life was a lot simpler back then.
11 March 2016, 17:50,
I remember when .......................... now where did I put my teeth.
11 March 2016, 19:43,
Here they are Hon

http://www.cybersalt.org/funny-dog-pictu...g-dentures