Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biomass boiler. Advice sought
9 April 2016, 10:31,
RE: Biomass boiler. Advice sought
I'm in a similar situation in that I've literally after eleven days with out any hot water or heating, fired up for the first time last night a new woodburner and boiler and a thermal store to replace the old hot water and heating system which means that along with solar electric we are pretty much self reliant for most of our power and heating.

we still have the gas boiler as back up, the down side is this new system comes with a total of three pumps and various thermastats to make it as efficient as possible and as the solar is grid tied if the grid goes down the pumps will shut down, we will still have heating from the stove and the thermal store will still work so will still have hot water, but no central heating.

My intention is to identify the electric supplies for the pumps etc and use an inverter powered from a battery bank to power the system if needs be, that way I can leave the system as standard, not sure, but think I will need to use a pure sine wave inverter as the timer etc probably uses micro processors which can be a bit finnicky when it comes to power supply from inverters.

Messages In This Thread
Biomass boiler. Advice sought - by Lightspeed - 8 April 2016, 17:57
RE: Biomass boiler. Advice sought - by T-oddity - 9 April 2016, 10:31
RE: Biomass boiler. Advice sought - by T-oddity - 10 April 2016, 09:10
RE: Biomass boiler. Advice sought - by Lightspeed - 18 October 2016, 06:10
RE: Biomass boiler. Advice sought - by Skean Dhude - 19 October 2016, 09:24
RE: Biomass boiler. Advice sought - by Lightspeed - 20 October 2016, 11:37