Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology odd innit how it creeps up on you
19 May 2016, 11:21, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2016, 22:28 by Lightspeed.)
RE: Technology odd innit how it creeps up on you
Update, I'm seriously impressed with this Levin 13 watt folding panel kit I bought, It works even indoors so long as its close to the window, it has fully charged in the last 24 hours my Samsung Cell Phone, A generic PC pad thing, Wife's I5s, and even a rechargeable emergency FM radio. I already had a "13 watt to 12vdc" rated panel for topping up car batteries its over 15 years old and the new one though rated the same "5watt"but 5vdc output works much faster in much duller conditions.

Its currently just hanging from a curtain rail at the den window, its not even pointing south, its just about WSW facing and its dull but its charging another FM radio with a built in micro usb port.

I may try setting up the big 100watt 17 volt PV panel on the same window ledge and see how well it does indoors but close to a window. If they can be suitably used indoors close to windows it could possibly improve OPSEC as from the street unless you look hard you can hardly see the panel in the window area.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Technology odd innit how it creeps up on you - by NorthernRaider - 19 May 2016, 11:21