Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An idiot level expensive mistake.
28 May 2016, 09:57,
RE: An idiot level expensive mistake.
Not possible unfortunately TC the brackets for mounting each unit are on each end and cannot be mounted anywhere else on the carcasses, the vertical studs are in all the wrong places and the noggins at the wrong height, I would have needed to demolish the whole wall and staircase on the other side just to rebuild it with the timber frames in the right place. According to the stud finder thingy the upright studs are at either 18 inch or 24 inch centres but the cupboard mountings are at 38 inches. So I used the heaviest load spreading metal rawl plug things I could. They SHOULD have held but they didnt , lesson learned for next time.

What I dont get is this (a) Why did the builders build the kitchen with the main cupboard wall that way? (b) the original builder installed kitchen cupboards were mounted in exactly the same way on the same wall. Sooooo agreeing with your valid points why was the main kitchen cupboard wall not build with studding and framing in the correct place for mounting wall units??

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idiot level expensive mistake. - by NorthernRaider - 28 May 2016, 09:57