Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webley Air rifles?
5 June 2016, 12:24,
Webley Air rifles?
Anyone got any experience with the new range of Webley air rifles??? if so what do you think

5 June 2016, 14:17,
RE: Webley Air rifles?
No mate, used to have a Webley Vulcan years ago and it was sound. You still checking out specs for a light air rifle?
5 June 2016, 14:18,
I'm considering applying for a .22 lr license again.
5 June 2016, 14:23,
Yup, there are some truly superb air rifles out their now, but finding one that id short, light AND full power is proving very hard. A 22LR licence is in a very handy thing to have just like a Ham licence providing you dont mind the loss of privacy,
oddly enough i still have my 22LR Indoor range instructors licence from the army, but no FAC because I fundamentally oposse them.

5 June 2016, 17:22,
Wink  RE: Webley Air rifles?
" A 22LR license is in a very handy thing to have just like a Ham licence providing you don't mind the loss of privacy,"

NR can you go into a bit more detail on what you mean there? What loss of privacy are you talking about? Being a realist and a non wearer of tin foil hats or demonstrating paranoia you've lost me mate LOL

Back on track, air rifles are great for shooting Mr Bunny and Mr Squirrel but a 'real' rifle can be needed if you want to take down bigger game...Mr Porky would get well peed of if you pinged him with a .22 pellet.

ATB
ATB
Harry
5 June 2016, 19:54,
Simple really i do not personally believe in gun licencing, I prefer the US system that until you are convicted of a criminal offence you should not NEED to prove a need to own a fire arm. The decision to stop ordinary citizens owning a fire arm (then a sword stick, then a baton, then a tazor then a gas spray then anything purposely designed for self defence) was taken by a Home Secretary in the 1950s with referring to Parliament. that was unjust and wrong.

When I was young I and anyone else could and did go to the Post office and buy for half a quid a shotgun certificate, then you popped to the local hardwear shop and bought yourself a shotgun and ammo. Guess what there were no massacres, but plenty of rabbits and pigeons got consumed.

5 June 2016, 19:59,
Harry FYI I have been hunting with Air rifles and Fire arms since I was 14 over 45 years ago, Rabbit, pigeon aplenty with air rifles, Red and Fallow deer with a rifle in the UK. And White tails, Gophers, Rattlers and Coyotes in the US. I would hunt with my bows if it were legal but in all my 60 years I never had any desire to shoot a human, esp a plod. I may not like or agree with many nanny state hysteria driven knee jerk laws, but we do live in a democracy so i go with the flow.

5 June 2016, 20:10,
As for privacy as both Hal, LS and someone else pointed out with a ham licence you call sign and details go onto a register that anyone can look at, be it online or in a library, that is again something I have no interest in doing, many other do and good for them and many like LS get enormous pleasure AND provide good service to other users. My decision is compounded by the fact I have zero need for ham gear as I dont talk to hams, but I can listen, and I do EG this afternoon I have heard multiple requests for radio checks / requests for conversation, discussions about SKIP, the Ionisphere, Radio equipment, trimming something, VOX something, Signal strength, problems with repeaters, What the hams have bought / sold, want to buy, comments about getting planning for bigger fixed antenna but nothing newsworthy for me.

Not that the CB or PMR channels are any better, Music on Ch 16 and emergency channel 9 on CB, nowt on PMR, which is great if my group are the only ones using PMR when TSHTF Smile

6 June 2016, 16:48,
(5 June 2016, 19:54)NorthernRaider Wrote: Simple really i do not personally believe in gun licencing, I prefer the US system that until you are convicted of a criminal offence you should not NEED to prove a need to own a fire arm. The decision to stop ordinary citizens owning a fire arm (then a sword stick, then a baton, then a tazor then a gas spray then anything purposely designed for self defence) was taken by a Home Secretary in the 1950s with referring to Parliament. that was unjust and wrong.

When I was young I and anyone else could and did go to the Post office and buy for half a quid a shotgun certificate, then you popped to the local hardwear shop and bought yourself a shotgun and ammo. Guess what there were no massacres, but plenty of rabbits and pigeons got consumed.

I agree entirley NR, and this is my position, but I do miss the fun I used to have at my local indoor range. I got to shoot a wide range of rifles and black powder which was bloody good fun. I got to shoot a Rocky Mountain Hawken .50 muzzle loader, and it was a stunning piece of work, flamed Maple stock with Brass fittings and flip up rear peep, sweet Rifle.
6 June 2016, 17:33,
The system for gun licensing we have works, why dilute it by allowing any Tom, Dick or Harry to go and buy a weapon... what a ludicrous concept IMHO.

Nothing to stop you using black powder firearms in the UK and a gun club I'm a member of uses the Army range in Sennybridge and we shoot everything from .22 to .50 cal sniper rifles.

Look at the gun deaths in the USA and then try and convince me the US system works in ANY way.

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/3/9446193/gun...-terrorism

Put it in perspective

http://media.nbcnewyork.com/images/652*3...928292.jpg

Still think the US system works?
ATB
Harry