Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Snowflake Generation
28 August 2016, 17:23,
RE: The Snowflake Generation
Oddly enough I had more fun spotting the anachronisms in the list than figuring how many kids I know could not accomplish them.

I am not much of a canoe person, preferring the small john boats of my native area. So I am not concerned with that one. Few canoes or kyacks in my neighborhood. More bass boats and cruisers.

No one uses bumper jacks any more. In fact, the quality of car tires is such that I have not been required to change one in about 20 years.

And the pistol cleaning challenge??? Really?? As if there is only one type pistol and only one way to clean it? Neither does the process carry over between brands or types.

And I am 66 years old and have never been called on to change the hydraulic line on a piece of farm equipment! Why should I expect the little girl next door to do so? I could figure it out, and she is a smart kid and I think she could too.

And Charles, boiling water in a paper bag??? The only place I ever see paper bags any more is at the fast food drive through, so to get one you have let someone else cook for you first! Sort of defeats the purpose.

Some of that crap just does not matter, so why feel bad if you can not do it, or feel superior because you can and someone with no exposure to any of those things can not? Most are quite useless in the modern day to day world.

And there is the secondary consideration that most of those things are learned from a participating parent. Why hold someone in contempt because their parents were worthless?

Messages In This Thread
The Snowflake Generation - by MaryN - 28 August 2016, 13:09
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by CharlesHarris - 28 August 2016, 14:43
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by Mortblanc - 28 August 2016, 17:23
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by harrypalmer - 28 August 2016, 17:37
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by CharlesHarris - 28 August 2016, 18:40
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by MaryN - 28 August 2016, 19:19
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by MaryN - 28 August 2016, 19:44
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by CharlesHarris - 28 August 2016, 23:32
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by harrypalmer - 29 August 2016, 08:34
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by MaryN - 29 August 2016, 19:21
RE: The Snowflake Generation - by Steve - 29 August 2016, 20:54