Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is learning & practicing how to take down the Internet
22 September 2016, 19:46,
RE: Someone is learning & practicing how to take down the Internet
SS, I am calm and don't need help Smile

New zealand is big, space to spread out, muslims are not real a problem and they are taking under 1000 from Syria...hardly Germany lol. As to Kiwi/Māori ideology, well brits have to be aware too, after all, the Māori were there first.

I'm lucky in that I have skills and a very nice nest egg to move with; can't wait. I know people who moved there in the past and they would not consider moving back to the UK, life is good there.
ATB
Harry
23 September 2016, 07:24,
I would like to say that I think the 'news' on the t.v. and elsewhere is nothing like it used to be.
More like a line of tittle tattle or gossip and advertorials.
Yes there are occaisionally some items of real news and interest - but very few.
Even my daily newspaper has deteriorated into an advertising pamphlet which I pay for - seems like a silly thing to do but the family will not do without it so it is an expense that I bear albeit a bit grudgingly.
During my life time the world has changed quite a bit - on balance not for the better in very general terms.
27 September 2016, 22:07,
(21 September 2016, 20:00)Mortblanc Wrote: We all know ALL the media outlets are lying to us and I find it a waste to argue over who is the most sophisticated liar!

Speaking as someone who has spent the last year out of the news loop I can't help but agree.
And I for one will never buy another tv licence.I have zero intertest in financing the bbc .
28 September 2016, 01:57,
In UK are you able to watch streaming video on a computer over the Internet without having a TV licence?
That would seem the logical answer, but maybe I am missing something?

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
28 September 2016, 08:41,
No Charles, watch any UK tv on any device and you (quite rightly) need a TVL, the beeb IMHO is fantastic value for money, not just the news.
ATB
Harry
28 September 2016, 10:29,
Actually Harry you just need a licence if you watch live tv .Things like Netflix and Kodi don't require a licence at present.
Streaming a legal. Watching live television isn't . As I explained the the nice tv licensing officer when he came . We had a very involved chat .
28 September 2016, 18:09,
You pay for netflix so no TVL needed, Kodi on UK TV needs the TVL
ATB
Harry
28 September 2016, 20:32,
At the moment a licence is only needed if you watch live tv (or bbc i player) It has nothing to do with netflix being a paid for service.
If I'm streaming a live broadcast I need a licence.If I'm streaming east enders 2 minutes after it's been shown on the bbc I don't.
I don't watch east enders by the way.
Now I'm sure that will change in the future,but at the present I'm 100 percent legal.As the tv licensing gendarmes was forced to admit after a lengthy discussion.
29 September 2016, 08:45,
Talon, forget about netflix, its a subscription based video company and nothing to do with TV in the UK.

"The changes do not affect other streaming services, such as ITV Hub, All 4, Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills...z4Ld1R5MvK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook" http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills...layer.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37243332

Personally I detest licence dodgers, they are just parasites IMHO
ATB
Harry
29 September 2016, 16:00,
Thank you for providing the link Harry.Im well aware of the licensing laws. And contrary to what you might think ,I'm 100% legal .
I don't watch any BBC content. Nor do I stream live tv.
If you're accusing me of licence dodging you are wrong . And that's quite insulting if you are .

I happen to be one of those annoying home owners who both works full time and pays taxes while adhering to the law .
Streaming live tv, or I player . Or any live BBC content is illegal . Streaming isn't illegal ( at present)