Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
13 October 2016, 21:42,
RE: Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
Thanks for keep putting me down.... but when the general media refuse to post the truth, or even explore it. What else are we suppose to believe.

Here is another kook for you then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2k5d8k5H0
I know you will dismiss it too, obviously im wasting my time here.
Try looking at the russia RT.Com news they are all saying the same stuff.
Putin warned the press back in may to report the truth about the encirclement of russia by usa missile bases, and thats on you tube too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQj-aK6hneI
The full speech is on youtube also, but nothing on the general media, time to wake up.
13 October 2016, 22:47,
Ali

I know we rattle on about general media or MSM
but using the quotes you do, don't do anything for your rep.

Quoting RT, or Russia's Trumpet doesn't do it, although admittedly it's an alternative
to CNN or the BBC and at least we can hear 'their' voice, but let's face it -
it's all propaganda of one kind or another.

We can discuss politics until the cows come home - you obviously believe the Russians more - perhaps you are of the opinion that America can do no right ??

The most important takeaway from all this is to prepare ----- if they nuke, we are all screwed anyway but if it is anything less, then your preps are useful.
13 October 2016, 23:00,
Actually I don't believe the Russians, the uk or the americans, its all politics and treating us a sheeple.
They don't tell us anything and feed us rubbish, and thats why I look everywhere for info.
But I wish everyone here good luck, and hope for the best.
I'm obviously waisting my time here....
13 October 2016, 23:26,
So you are going to leave and waste time somewhere else?

It's still a waste of time!

Alex Jones and the others have their own chat rooms and forums where you can be among the true believers and discuss your abductions and probing procedures.

You will need a fresh roll of tin foil, probably two.
14 October 2016, 12:03,
Latest from DefconWarning - Defcon Level raised to 3

DEFCON Warning System – Update 10/13/16
Annoucements October 14, 2016, by Ryan 7396
Republish
Reprint

This is the DEFCON Warning System. Alert status for 8 P.M., Thursday, October 13th, 2016. Condition code is Yellow. DEFCON 3.

There are currently no imminent nuclear threats against the United States at this time, however the situation is considered fluid and can change rapidly.

Tensions between Russia and the United States have reached levels beyond the cold war in the recent week.

The situation between Russia and the United States is extremely fluid at the moment. In all likelihood as dynamic as at times during the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962. Mainstream media has taken a very serious tone concerning the change from diplomatic to military options between NATO and Russia. CNN stated, “It’s not a new Cold War. It’s not even a deep chill. It’s an outright conflict.” On October 10th Former Soviet Premier Gorbachev is quoted as saying, “I think the world has reached a dangerous point.”

There are signs of a potential growing large scale conflict in nearly every geopolitical hotspot including Syria, Yemen, Ukraine, and the Philippines. Syria is seen as one of the trigger points to the renewed tensions between the United States and Russia. The United States has also accused Russia of a cyberattack and meddling with the US Presidential Election. White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest promised on Tuesday that the U.S. would deliver a “proportional” response to Russia’s alleged hacking of American computer systems. The US and Britain are also expected to weigh into Syrian military options on Friday. This could increase tensions between the two superpowers to a greater extent.

Moreover, Houthi rebels on the South Coast of Yemen fired one anti-ship missile at the U.S.S. Mason on Sunday, and another on Wednesday. The Pentagon responded by firing 5 TLAM missiles at radar stations inside Yemen. Around this same time, Iran dispatched a fleet of ships to the area. The U.S.S. Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group has also been dispatched to the area.

At this time, the DEFCON Warning System feels that an increase to DEFCON 3 would be a prudent move. The situation is currently fluid with diplomatic ties strained and military threats coming from both sides. Russian media is reportedly telling its citizens to prepare for nuclear war. Russia has recently conducted civil defense drills and completed inspections of underground areas to house government officials and some civilians in the event of nuclear war. This is a very sensitive situation which has the potential to spiral out of control. It is recommended that all citizens learn the steps to be taken in the event of nuclear war. We will continue to bring updated information as we receive it.
14 October 2016, 18:40,
Commentary from a highly respected source:

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/overb...-rattling/

Moscow has rattled its nuclear saber. Russian strategic rocket forces have conducted an increased number of exercises, Bear bombers have probed the air defenses of NATO members, and Vladimir Putin has engaged in nuclear chest-thumping. All this aims at getting attention, and it has done so. Analysts have sounded the alarm in Washington as Russia upgrades or develops plans to upgrade all legs of its strategic triad.

The Pentagon must closely track trends in Russian strategic nuclear forces. Russia is America’s only peer competitor when it comes to nuclear weapons. The size and structure of Russian strategic nuclear forces will affect decisions regarding the size and structure of U.S. strategic nuclear forces.

One should, however, keep Russian strategic force developments in perspective. That means taking a number of factors into account: the overall strategic balance, the fact that Russian modernization is taking place after a lengthy pause, the difference between Russian and U.S. strategic modernization cycles, and the longer service lives of U.S. strategic weapons systems.

Consider first the balance of U.S. and Russian strategic nuclear forces. The 2010 New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START) requires that, by February 2018, the United States and Russia each reduce its strategic forces to no more than 700 deployed intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) and strategic bombers and no more than 1,550 deployed strategic warheads.

According to data exchanged under New START, as of October 1, 2014 the United States had 1,642 deployed strategic warheads, compared to 1,643 for Russia. The number of deployed ICBMs, SLBMs and strategic bombers for the United States was 794, compared to 528 for Russia. There exists a balance in deployed strategic warheads, with the U.S. military holding a substantial numerical advantage in the number of deployed strategic delivery vehicles. That advantage will persist for many years...

These numbers conceal an additional area of U.S. advantage. The U.S. military has “downloaded” all of its ICBMs and most, if not all, of its SLBMs. As a result, the missiles carry fewer warheads than their maximum loadings. The Trident D-5 SLBM can carry eight warheads. Under New START, the Trident D-5s carry an average of only four to five warheads. All Minuteman III ICBMs have been downloaded to carry a single warhead, even though two-thirds of them could carry three.

The U.S. military also maintains a large number of non-deployed nuclear warheads in storage. If New START were to break down, the United States could add hundreds of nuclear warheads—well over 1,000—to its strategic ballistic missile force. The Russian strategic ballistic missile force has nowhere near the capacity to match that...

Russia has an array of strategic modernization programs underway. It has launched the first three of what are planned to be eight Borey-class ballistic missile submarines, which carry the new Bulava SLBM. Russia is also deploying the SS-27 Topol-M ICBM and its multiple-warhead variant, the RS-24 Yars, and plans to begin deployment of the RS-26 ICBM in 2016. The Russian Air Force is developing a new strategic bomber, the PAK-DA, to augment or replace its Tu-160 Blackjack and Tu-95 Bear-H aircraft.

Russia’s strategic modernization programs and strategic activities are indeed far more robust today than they were ten or fifteen years ago. But that is playing catch up. Following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the Russian economy went into freefall. Defense spending crashed, and the Russian military bought little in the way of new strategic weapons in the 1990s and early 2000s. Many missiles, such as the SS-18 and SS-19 ICBMs—which today still carry about one-half of Russia’s deployed strategic warheads—have reached and passed their service warranty dates.

The combination of retiring old systems and deploying a limited number of replacements brought the level of Russian strategic forces steadily down from 1991 until 2010. Russian strategic delivery vehicle and accountable warhead numbers fell well below the limits established in the 1991 START I Treaty (which expired in late 2009).

Rising oil prices in the early-mid 2000s boosted the Russian government’s revenues and prompted a rebound in defense spending. Increased funding led to the new missiles and submarines that are coming online now. Growing revenues also allowed Moscow to restart activities that had been on a long hiatus, such as a resumption of global flights by Russian long-range bombers.

A second consideration is that the United States and Russia are on different cycles when it comes to strategic force modernization... The U.S. military deployed the new Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, Trident D-5 SLBM, MX ICBM and B-1 and B-2 bombers in the 1980s and early 1990s. Russia’s strategic modernization program today appears to far outpace U.S. efforts. Flash forward ten years, and the picture will look very different.

By the early 2020s, barring delays brought about by a slowing economy, the Russian military will have completed most of its strategic update programs, with the possible exception of a new bomber. In the mid-2020s, the U.S. military will be building new ballistic missile submarines to replace the Ohio-class boats, a new long-range strike bomber and perhaps a new nuclear-armed cruise missile. It will also be preparing either to build a new ICBM or to modernize and further extend the life of the Minuteman III ICBM, a less expensive option. The United States will then dominate on strategic modernization.

A third consideration is that the U.S. and Russian militaries have different philosophies when it comes to how they build, maintain and operate strategic offensive systems. Russia, like the Soviet Union before it, builds a strategic missile, generally keeps it in the arsenal for a shorter time than its American counterpart will spend, and then retires the missile and builds a new one. The U.S. military tends to keep missiles in the force for considerably longer periods of time, using life extension programs to ensure their continued longevity as well as to modernize them. That is a Pentagon policy choice, which balances cost, reliability and effectiveness factors...

Newer does not always equate to better. The Russian Bulava missile has failed in roughly 40 percent of its 21 flight tests over the past ten years. The older Trident D-5, on the other hand, has a stunning record of more than 140 consecutive successful flight tests. None of this is to suggest that the United States can ignore Russia’s ongoing program to modernize its strategic forces. Some elements are troublesome.

For example, the Russian military is developing the new Sarmat ICBM, which will reportedly be capable of carrying as many as ten-fifteen warheads. Too large to be mobile, the liquid-fueled Sarmat will be silo-based. Russian analysts have criticized the planned program as destabilizing, particularly in a crisis. They note that large, multiple-warhead ICBMs in silos present attractive targets for a preemptive strike. Indeed, the U.S. Air Force decision to download its Minuteman III ICBMs was driven in part by the calculation that a single-warhead ICBM in a silo would, in a crisis, offer a less inviting target.

Russia remains the only country that could physically destroy the United States, so Russian strategic forces matter. Washington needs to make wise investments in its own strategic forces. If it does, current Russian programs present no cause for undue alarm—particularly as Moscow continues to adhere to the limits of the New START Treaty.

This piece was originally published in The National Interest.

Steven Pifer, Senior Fellow - Foreign Policy, Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence, Center on the United States and EuropeDirector - Arms Control and Non-Proliferation Initiative

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
14 October 2016, 19:14,
Ali your opinion is as good or bad as anyone else so stick with it pal, after all you are dead right with regards alternative media....and trying to get hold of truth, thing is Ali all you need to do ....is hold Them in the same contempt as they do you..that simple......check out ...The X22 report.....USA Watchdog .....i will come back with more....then they can wack the pair of us in stereo .....personally i can't give a fuck what they say about me....if things make sense (and there is a sea of facts to support whats being reported ) go with your guts ......how ever you do not need Alex Jones to get there.
14 October 2016, 19:55,
Large parts of the Red Banner Northern Fleet have been departing Murmansk, adding to our reports from earlier
14 October 2016, 19:59,
"RE: Russian Threat etc as of 9Oct16
Actually I don't believe the Russians, the uk or the americans, its all politics and treating us a sheeple.
They don't tell us anything and feed us rubbish, and thats why I look everywhere for info.
But I wish everyone here good luck, and hope for the best.
I'm obviously waisting my time here.... "

So all the mainstream news outlets are talking bollocks and utter idiots like Alex Jones are telling the truth. When you look everywhere for info look at how the data you see can be proven correct.

All any of us can do is prepare and see how things pan out, if you don't your treading on tin foil hat territory. Your opinion, my opinion and the opinions of other members are not worth a cent in the great scheme of things mate.
ATB
Harry
14 October 2016, 20:47,
So all the mainstream news outlets are talking bollocks ....yep afraid they are Harry..............................................................................When you look everywhere for info look at how the data you see c
an be proven correct. yep you are very correct Harry ......so apply what you preach Harry

all any of us can do is prepare and see how things pan out, if you don't your treading on tin foil hat territory. Your opinion, my opinion and the opinions of other members are not worth a cent in the great scheme of things mate.

well i totally agree Harry.