Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The start of great news for me.
19 January 2012, 11:28,
The start of great news for me.
This is not a major news story. This thread is more of an...I'm excited and needed to shout it to everyone that will listen...kind of thread.

I recieved an email from my mum today, just talking about everyday life. Then she dropped this little beauty in "I shall be going to Morrisons tomorrow to get some essentials in and some petrol in the car - always best to be prepared." I'm not saying my mum is a hardcore survivalist. Far from it. But she recognises the need for it. It could be just something about the cold weather up North.

Whatever it is, I've used it to tell my mum of the movement of 'preppers' and 'survivalists'. I've softened it and made it seem like common sense, which it really is. So it could be another step towards protecting my family that I can't reach.
19 January 2012, 11:48,
RE: The start of great news for me.
That really is great news its always hard being away from loved ones in a situation.
19 January 2012, 11:54,
RE: The start of great news for me.
The best bit is that your mum probably is well prepared anyway. Plenty in for food and knows how to make stuff up quickly. She just needs to think longer term. You can encourage that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin