Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This applies to all of us!
7 December 2016, 17:32,
Exclamation  This applies to all of us!
http://www.woodpilereport.com/html/index-455.htm

As noted here and elsewhere, James Rawles of Survival Blog advises we double up on our preparations. He believes the collapse will likely occur in 2017. Many others concur. When Mr. Rawles draws a time frame around the collapse of America it merits special attention. (see video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ChupuozHU )

While it may be gratifying, Donald Trump's election as President, and the repudiation of the Alt-Left regime in general, in no way reverses the ongoing rush to economic and societal catastrophe.

The coming economic debacle first revealed itself nearly a decade ago and has developed unimpeded and ever more irrationally since. Major international players concede we're now a couple of standard deviations from any chance of orderly extrication. Watch for significant excursions from normal commerce and "emergency corrective actions". When it all lets loose, what you have physically on hand may be all you're going to have for a long while.

The election of 2016 was a shock for the Left. Expect an unrelenting, vicious response . Societal catastrophe may start with dog-whistle calls for "spontaneous" violence , cashing in the divisions they've been rubbing raw for decades. Watch for escalating violence and perhaps guerilla-style sabotage of public utilities and transportation, then blowback violence and worse. There's nothing in this for reasonable people of good will. Stay away from crowds.

Survival supplies and equipment have been offered at discounted prices since the election. Firearms and ammunition are plentiful at competitive prices. But Black Swans seem also in good supply. Consider the next few months, if that, the last of normal times.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
7 December 2016, 22:24,
RE: This applies to all of us!
Is this the fella

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Wesley_Rawles

A tad paranoid and who makes money by frightening people who buy his products?
ATB
Harry
7 December 2016, 23:16,
I am unconvinced.

Short of a natural disaster (like a solar flare) I think economic/social collapse would take years to get to those serious stages.
Maybe 2017 is the beginning of the end but this Rowles guy makes a living as a 'Survivalist consultant' so he maybe just taking advantage of the present situation.

Wouldn't hurt to buy a few extra cans of tuna though!
7 December 2016, 23:46,
A good barometer to use is the gold price. As it became apparent that Trump was likely going to win, the gold price started shooting up and up. Then suddenly, just before the markets opened later that day, it started to plummet. Somebody or some bodies dropped a massive short (paper) trade on the COMEX driving the price down. If the gold price starts fluctuating wildly that can be an indication of loss of control - it is the derivatives market in which any coming market crash will first make itself known as most trades these days are not physical stock or commodities trades, but derivatives of such. Gold is no exception as paper gold trades on the COMEX vastly outnumber actual physical trades, and hence can be easily manipulated to control the market price.

LAC
8 December 2016, 00:29,
I'm with HP on this one.. Rawles is full of himself. I prefer George Friedman.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
8 December 2016, 00:44,
(7 December 2016, 23:46)LAC Wrote: A good barometer to use is the gold price. As it became apparent that Trump was likely going to win, the gold price started shooting up and up. Then suddenly, just before the markets opened later that day, it started to plummet. Somebody or some bodies dropped a massive short (paper) trade on the COMEX driving the price down. If the gold price starts fluctuating wildly that can be an indication of loss of control - it is the derivatives market in which any coming market crash will first make itself known as most trades these days are not physical stock or commodities trades, but derivatives of such. Gold is no exception as paper gold trades on the COMEX vastly outnumber actual physical trades, and hence can be easily manipulated to control the market price.

LAC

I think you have that backwards Lac.

The "bitch from hell" was to be the undisputed winner of our election and the press, the world and the Democratic party went to bed on election eve thinking they had won the presidency, only to wake to the complete shock of reality the next morning.

That was when gold went back to normal price.

Rawles has been predicting the imminent crash of the world economy for nearly 40 years!

He has declared the fall of the world in September or October of each year for the past ten years.
8 December 2016, 01:33,
(8 December 2016, 00:44)Mortblanc Wrote:
(7 December 2016, 23:46)LAC Wrote: A good barometer to use is the gold price. As it became apparent that Trump was likely going to win, the gold price started shooting up and up. Then suddenly, just before the markets opened later that day, it started to plummet. Somebody or some bodies dropped a massive short (paper) trade on the COMEX driving the price down. If the gold price starts fluctuating wildly that can be an indication of loss of control - it is the derivatives market in which any coming market crash will first make itself known as most trades these days are not physical stock or commodities trades, but derivatives of such. Gold is no exception as paper gold trades on the COMEX vastly outnumber actual physical trades, and hence can be easily manipulated to control the market price.

LAC

I think you have that backwards Lac.

The "bitch from hell" was to be the undisputed winner of our election and the press, the world and the Democratic party went to bed on election eve thinking they had won the presidency, only to wake to the complete shock of reality the next morning.

That was when gold went back to normal price.

Rawles has been predicting the imminent crash of the world economy for nearly 40 years!

He has declared the fall of the world in September or October of each year for the past ten years.

Backwards? then why would the gold price climb so fast when they were sure Clinton would win and we all know wall street wanted Clinton in? Gold climbs during uncertainty not falls. When the manipulators panicked as it became apparent Trump was likely to win and the gold price shot up (about a hundred points in just a few hours), they dumped large paper trades on the COMEX fearing the gold price would continue to rise which would lead to the US Dollar being devalued, and if that happened then no interest rate rise by the FED come mid December 2016, and hence gold price increasing even more, dollar price devaluing even more, leading to US import costs going sky high, leading to China being pissed at their loan repayments being worth less (trillions of dollars) etc etc.
8 December 2016, 02:31,
I'm with HP on this one.. Rawles is full of himself. I prefer George Friedman.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
8 December 2016, 10:19,
Who cares about who says anything. If you need a boost to get up to the level you need then go for it. There are predictions all the time and you can be sure when the time comes it will be here before we can properly react.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 December 2016, 14:18,
amusing responses to JWR's pieces. Traditionally British - "Let's chop the legs from under the bugger before he gets too big for his boots".

For the record, I dont see him making piles of money from his Survivalblog website --- A few ads here and there and so affiliate commissions -- so far, par for the course. His survivalist consultancy is more to do with relocation in the upper north west etc. Outside of my range.

I usually, like many, have a jaundiced eye when it comes to the US prepper scene -- but JWR is usually well balanced.

Even if it is far-fetched, (and I dont think it is --- with Brexit and Trump, everything is up in the air), then if we are encouraged in any way to think about our preps again, then a good thing

Looking for discounted cases of HBC :-)