Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just wanted to tell you all "across the pond"...
21 January 2017, 17:00,
Wink  I just wanted to tell you all "across the pond"...
That the bust of Winston Churchill which was in the White House Oval Office for years until banished by ex-president Obama in 2009, has been returned to the Oval Office by President Donald J. Trump.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
21 January 2017, 17:15,
RE: I just wanted to tell you all "across the pond"...
Quite right JP .......the guy has good taste! .......who did he replace....what pretender ! was shipped out ?
21 January 2017, 22:58,
Jolly Good Show!
22 January 2017, 00:07,
As was his usual custom when in office, the ex-POTUS Obama has flown to Palm Springs to play golf...

Mrs. Trump appears to be bringing a measure of dignity and class to the WH.

It rather evokes images of Jackie Kennedy. One would certainly hope so.

It is my understanding that Trump is a bedtime reader, and that Chief Justice Roberts gifted to him an autographed copy of Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy. Highly appropriate for the occasion and recommended for any who have not had the pleasure.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
22 January 2017, 10:45,
Trump has indicated that he wants to be friends with his cousins across the pond which is part of the reason I think he will make the changes necessary. He can still look after the US and us. Smile

I was hoping for a reduction in the police state that is going on all over the world but not sure Trump wants to roll it back. Maybe he can get May to relax the gun laws over here as part of his trade deal. If he pushes she will cave.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 January 2017, 20:57,
I heard this is a biased news report. Yes, when stupid Obama entered office, Churchill's head was removed but that's cause it was a loan from Blair to Bush. There is another head of Churchill in that building, which has been there since the sixties.

Just Journalists manipulating crap again.
23 January 2017, 11:21,
Rocks, If it was just that then I might have agreed but it was many things and one thing you cannot say about the media is that it was hard on Obama. Quite the opposite took place and they covered up a lot for him that they wouldn't even think about covering for Trump.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 January 2017, 18:08,
Rocks, do your homework. One bust of Churchill had been in the Oval Office since the "Elder" Bush was president. Obama "returned" it to the UK ambassador in 2009. Trump had a second bust of Churchill that was in the White House moved into the Oval Office within 5 hours after his swearing in.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
23 January 2017, 18:09,
The fact that Obama hated the British is evident in his actions and his writings. He never hid the contempt while in office.

He hated GB almost as much as he hated the U.S.
23 January 2017, 20:20,
Obama's mind was ruined by his absent deadbeat Kenyan father and his pot smoking hippie mother, not to mention all the dope be smoked growing up in Hawaii and while at Columbia... He is a living personification of a bit character in a Cheech & Chong movie...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA