Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owe, ( crossbow safety)
19 January 2012, 21:03,
Owe, ( crossbow safety)
Just did a "" quick"" stringing my pistol crossbow, its the Mk2 that I'm not familiar with yet, and this proves I need to practise more.

I slipped the string on the lefthand end of the bow and went through the usual moves of tucking the body under my arm, whilst wedging the left side with the string on into the carpet, then using my right arm to bend the righthand end of the bow to get the string on. But complacency was waiting, I bent the bow, didnt get the string or grip right, Grip slipped, string whipped out, lassoed the side of my specs and fire them out of the office door and down the stair where they scared the crap out of the were-terrier !!!!!

Practise, Practise, Practise, i really should practise what I preach!!

19 January 2012, 21:11,
RE: Owe, ( crossbow safety)
(19 January 2012, 21:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: Just did a "" quick"" stringing my pistol crossbow, its the Mk2 that I'm not familiar with yet, and this proves I need to practise more.

I slipped the string on the lefthand end of the bow and went through the usual moves of tucking the body under my arm, whilst wedging the left side with the string on into the carpet, then using my right arm to bend the righthand end of the bow to get the string on. But complacency was waiting, I bent the bow, didnt get the string or grip right, Grip slipped, string whipped out, lassoed the side of my specs and fire them out of the office door and down the stair where they scared the crap out of the were-terrier !!!!!

Practise, Practise, Practise, i really should practise what I preach!!

Lol welcome to my world, I still can't get the string on without looking like some kind of nutter! I'm gona do a test to see how long the string will last if I just leave it on

19 January 2012, 21:17,
RE: Owe, ( crossbow safety)
The string will last for years, but what will and does often happen is those black nylon end caps on the ends of the prod that the string loops round starts cracking and splitting, and in time the bow itself will do something called " take a set" basically the bow gets weaker the longer its left strung.