Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grenfel Tower Amnesty
1 September 2017, 11:25,
Grenfel Tower Amnesty
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/gre...spartandhp

So the bloody ambulance chasers acting for residents of the Grenfell tower inferno believe that the one year amnesty for illegal immigrants that were living there is a "Travesty"

The only travesty is that they are being allowed to stay in the first place. Oh and I suppose that for the lawyers its a travesty as it means less business fr them.

Am I alone in thinking that being an illegal immigrant and that having been resident in the Grenfell tower when it went up are completely mutually exclusive???

Were those illegals granted permanent right to remain, I wonder how many other in expected infernos will happen in the future????????
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 September 2017, 11:51,
RE: Grenfel Tower Amnesty
They are human beings! Show some compassion.
Keith.
Do not try to understand them, and do not try to make them understand you; for they are a breed apart and make no sense. Natty Bumpo, Last Of The Mohicans.
1 September 2017, 12:02,
Kieth your comment's gotta be tongue in cheek. No right thinking person could consider compensation lawyers to be part of the human race.

Re illegal immigrants: I don't see what compassion has to do with it. I have no problem with compassion towards immigrants per se. Sending the illegal ones on their way, however, is an act of compassion to the greater legal population.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 September 2017, 12:43,
Yes, well that is the problem with forums, you can't tell if someone is kidding or not. I must get one of those tongue in cheek images, but then we can't upload images on this forum can we.
Keith.
Do not try to understand them, and do not try to make them understand you; for they are a breed apart and make no sense. Natty Bumpo, Last Of The Mohicans.
1 September 2017, 19:21,
So what is happening with all the other tower blocks that are death traps ?....halve there been any emergency building regulations ? what about the enquiry ? what actions are local councils implementing ?.......why are the MM quiet ? and on and on .
2 September 2017, 03:49,
I don't know how your Crown Prosecutors would view it, but under US law any of those residents could be held as material witnesses at least until their statements has been taken and it was determined if they had relevant testimony for a Grand Jury and until it was determined if charges should be brought. There would be grounds for concern if potential witnesses might be deported in order to deter testimony harmful to defendants in any resulting criminal case.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
2 September 2017, 12:20,
These whingy whiney types will grab any loose string to pull on heartstrings to get their own way. Luckily people are waking up although they are spending a long time rubbing their eyes and stretching.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 September 2017, 23:28,
I think the most important thing to learn from this incident is the fact that if there ever was a major shtf situation, "bugging in" can be very dangerous. If other people can't get what you have by simply breaking in & taking it, then they will use other extreme measures, & you can't stop them from burning you out.
Keith.
4 September 2017, 18:34,
I do not see where you get reinforcement for the superiority of bugging out from this incident or discussion.

The people on this forum live in England, not Australia. Their population density and geography is such that bugging out will put you to moving with a wave of refugees strolling the countryside. Everyone that owns a pair of shoes and a plastic bin bag will be on the move.

Everyone bugging out to the ocean will pass everyone bugging out to the interior on the trail by day three.
5 September 2017, 07:15,
I think the point is to not put all of your eggs in one basket. A bug in strategy is fine, but we need to remember its almost impossible to set up an impregnable fortress that could resist fire.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580