Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New knife laws
16 October 2017, 23:05,
RE: New knife laws
It appears that right after I posted this someone started a thread up in the News section.

I would not be too certain that saws and axes are not in line for confiscation and a full ban.

At the very minimum they should probably be registered and the owners pass a full background check and certification for ownership issued by the government. After all it is nothing but good common sense legislation. You don't want nutters running around with those things!

Rusty files too! I made my first knife from an old broken file when I was 12.

I remember when I was about 19 making a machete from a cross cut saw blade I pulled out of a junk pile. A few minutes on the bench grinder and a few wraps of duct tape for a handle and I had a good machete that served me for many years.

They should also probably require a certification from the NHS that the owner of any saw or ax is not on meds for depression or any mental problems, After all, we have all seen those movies where the ax is used to chop through the door to capture the female lead star.

Then we have the chain saws. Everyone over here knows about the Texas Chain Saw Massacre. We really must do something about easy access to those power tools.

Did you ever read in the Bible in the book of Judges where a woman named Ja'el killed an enemy General by driving a tent peg through his head while he slept? I'll bet she got that tent peg off the internet and she was probably underage!

Better ban those nasty tent pegs too!

I better stop, I am doing what I said I would not.

Messages In This Thread
New knife laws - by Mortblanc - 16 October 2017, 21:14
RE: New knife laws - by Straight Shooter - 16 October 2017, 21:35
RE: New knife laws - by Mortblanc - 16 October 2017, 23:05
RE: New knife laws - by CharlesHarris - 20 October 2017, 23:22
RE: New knife laws - by Skean Dhude - 21 October 2017, 14:26
RE: New knife laws - by Mortblanc - 21 October 2017, 17:16