Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recovering
17 October 2017, 20:40,
RE: Recovering
Depends on what one is attempting to make on a do-it-yourself basis.

So far I have not seen reference to any kitchen table recipes for metformin for the insulin reduction, statins for cholesterol, or blood pressure controls that actually work consistently and reliably.

No controlling the diet will not do the job, I am beyond that vegan diet curing all my ills, as are many in my age group.

Those three medications are the primary reasons that life expectancy is longer now than it was if you were born in 1900.

In a true SHTF world I would have been dead at age 54 from a massive heart attack that was treated as a routine procedure in a modern medical facility.

Same for the diabetes I now face. I have watched the death process and I do not intend to go through it myself. I will take my pills and leave the back room pharmacy to those that are more adventurous than myself. The safety range of normal blood sugar is too narrow for taking that risk. The two slices of bread on a sandwich will throw my numbers off for two days when on the meds, and I was 5x the safe limit without meds.

Three years after my heart attack my cardiologist congratulated me for being one of the few that lived that long after a major episode. He told me that most of his patients left his care against recommendations, refused to take their meds, refused to quit smoking and failed to follow any aftercare recommendations. He told me that 90% of them had a second heart attack within three years and were dead within five years.

I am 13 years down the road from the heart attack now, and I do not begrudge taking a 7 pills each morning and 5 each night at a total cost of about $1 per day so I can continue being the cranky old man I have become.

Messages In This Thread
Recovering - by Mortblanc - 16 October 2017, 21:42
RE: Recovering - by Straight Shooter - 16 October 2017, 23:14
RE: Recovering - by Mortblanc - 17 October 2017, 14:27
RE: Recovering - by Skean Dhude - 17 October 2017, 16:44
RE: Recovering - by Mortblanc - 17 October 2017, 20:40
RE: Recovering - by Straight Shooter - 17 October 2017, 21:09
RE: Recovering - by Skean Dhude - 18 October 2017, 10:52
RE: Recovering - by Mortblanc - 18 October 2017, 17:00
RE: Recovering - by Skean Dhude - 18 October 2017, 20:25
RE: Recovering - by Mortblanc - 1 November 2017, 21:16
RE: Recovering - by Straight Shooter - 1 November 2017, 21:38