Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exploring new foods and growing new things
15 November 2017, 20:05,
RE: exploring new foods and growing new things
Its pretty much the same Here MB ....price wise its not worth the effort or cost of feed or the rat poison (jaguar) £37.00 for 5 ltr tub (but no more rats) ...the locals used to tell us our eggs were the best.....last going off we sold a dozen eggs for £2.50 .....put simply costs were not covered....twenty two hens and two cocks ....but we will only get a few this time just for us ....the figures will not be any better or the effort and protection measures and all else....you can buy 15 eggs for under £1.70 you can buy a small chicken for £2.75 oven ready......but again wtshtf would you even get 1 egg let alone a oven ready bird ....in fact MB Your argument would stand true no matter what you decided to farm ....even if you could get hold of the feed supplements or not , maybe some better options would be rabbits for a meat source plus the fur ....the only reason for some goats ...for me....would be a milk source .

As you point out MB for the older men amongst us ....like us...things may take a little longer to get done, but they sure as hell get done none the less, our upbringing takes care of that!

At rehab last Friday we had another newbie start .....cheeky bastard wants a shot at the title.....fast forward to last Tuesday....on the rower ....side by side ....off the f..ker go's pulling his guts out ....i wind up .....he is looking at the clock hanging on the wall ? in between breaths he mutters two more mins.....he stops gets off ....and starts off doing the Rocky Balboa skip dance....i am now coming up to my five mins....he asks how long is your routine then .....5......oh mine is 3 at this point i felt like shouting "Adrian ...i love you " i mark my sheet and move on .....rocky is now on high step ups ......i am on curls 4 ks ...the instructor says to rocky ...yes curls are like SS is doing ...but use the 1 k ...rocky is still doing the f..king tango........Walking Machine ,Xtrainer, pushbike more curls and step ups ....rocky is doing a dance that i used to do to ...My Girl back in 68 .....he is also sweating like someone on a rape charge and all the jurors are all women.....the instructor takes rocky to one side for the seventh time and has yet another little chat....if there's one thing i cannot stand ...its cheeky kids ....rocky is 59 ....on the way out i managed to quell the burning desire to run up the steps pumping air and crying out Adrian i f..king love !

Messages In This Thread
RE: exploring new foods and growing new things - by Straight Shooter - 15 November 2017, 20:05