Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exploring new foods and growing new things
17 November 2017, 22:35,
RE: exploring new foods and growing new things
I do not know about your system of rehab, but when I did my rotation more then a decade ago they had me hooked to wireless sensors that monitored BP and pulse and God only knows what else while doing the exercises.

They knew exactly what was going on in every person in the room and things were going beeeeep on a regular basis with the needed attention being rendered.

Over here rehab is a specialty area and the techs are mostly nurses with an MA in the specialty area and the supervisor a Phd although not an MD. Chances are he knows more than the general practice MD in that specialty area.

Amazing thing to me was they had people in rehab before their staples were pulled after surgery!

A far cry from the notion many have that after an procedure or heart attack they will be helpless forever. Except for the ravages of age on my skeletal system I am probably in better shape now than I was a decade ago. That may not be saying much really but I do know that right now I could get on the bike and pedal 10K down the road without a nap break.

I am also eating healthier, have the blood sugars under control, and feeling frisky enough to roam the fields with the shotgun when it strikes me.

In fact, we had a nice sunny day yesterday for a change and I managed a stroll through the local hunting preserve. The deer are in rut but deer were not my goal. I had the little 20bore OU in hand and was after some tree rats for a stew.

Messages In This Thread
RE: exploring new foods and growing new things - by Mortblanc - 17 November 2017, 22:35